The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2003, 04:46 AM   #1
the baron

Conversion from long bed pick-up to Suburban

Hi guys & gals ,
I have a 85 Burb 2500 4WD in sight , but it's too young to bring it on the road here , as I would have to pay 2000 US$ each year for having the pleasure of driving it , because it has seats in the back...
Too much for me
I have three solutions :
1. Once a passengers carrying vehicle reaches the age of 25 , the taxes come down to a ridiculous 25 US$ a year...
(Why do I own a 1977 Impala , mmm ? )
My C10 is now 24 years old , so my idea was to swap the bodies , putting the Burb one on my C10 frame , are the wheelbases the same ?
2. I can thrown the Burb's back seat away and register it as a light truck, but I don't like it , as my two children & my girl friend have to have room , and it comes a little tiny in my C10 now...
3. I just can change the VIN numbers on the frames , but that's ILLEGAL...

I know that Burb for years , it is in the Navy , used by the divers for their mining clearance purposes , but as we have to change our vehicles because we have to meet the NATO rules ( one fuel for all vehicles ( Diesel)) , this Burb will soon be put for sale...
It is in very good shape , it has the barn doors , I don't know the engine configuration though ( 305/350 ? ).
This truck will be sold by auction , so I just can hope I will be the only bidder , and as there is no reserve , I might become a very lucky SOB

Wish me luck

The "maybe a Burb guy" Baron

the baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 05:08 AM   #2
MSL

I dont know if it will fit but the burb has its own vin plate even if you rolled a different year frame under it the body is still a 85burb. you can also get in trouble for changing the plates on it.
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 07:50 AM   #3
bigd65

the BURBS wheel base is about 2 inches shorter (in the drive shaft anyways) than the LWB pickups