The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 AM   #1
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Door ding!!

I took my truck out yesterday afternoon. I have to drive it to dinner because the Jimmy needs maintenance. It's waiting for a new brake booster. Well, I use valet parking to avoid driving around for 30 minutes. I told the guy park it next to the most expensive car on the lot. I leave when it's dark. After parking in the garage, I notice a BIG door ding! @#$@#$#!! Right on the door crease! It's on the driver side too. Oh, well, I'm sure the person who did it will remember when it's done to their car. Just because it's old, you don't have to treat it bad.

Now that I have look at it evertime I drive, I may need to start preping for body work and paint.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Matt Man

Re: Door ding!!

yep i hate anusholes that dont respect classics even though my paint is not the best around doesnt mean you get to make it worse
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Keith Seymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchemist View Post
I took my truck out yesterday afternoon. I have to drive it to dinner because the Jimmy needs maintenance. It's waiting for a new brake booster. Well, I use valet parking to avoid driving around for 30 minutes. I told the guy park it next to the most expensive car on the lot. I leave when it's dark. After parking in the garage, I notice a BIG door ding! @#$@#$#!! Right on the door crease! It's on the driver side too. Oh, well, I'm sure the person who did it will remember when it's done to their car. Just because it's old, you don't have to treat it bad.

Now that I have look at it evertime I drive, I may need to start preping for body work and paint.
Think a paintless dent guy could save it?

I had a guy do some work on my original paint '65 GTO - it looked great when he was done. $50 - and - on top of that, he never cashed the check!

K
1986 - 2019
Intro from an Old Assembly Guy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
My Pontiac story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
Chevelle intro: http://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
Keith Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Pyrotechnic

I work for a valet company and we have $1,000,000 insurance coverage for accidents involving customers vehicles. Call the number on the valet ticket and see if they will take responsibility for it. Can't say all valet companies are good but it's worth a shot.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

I had a lady in a beemer one time park right beside me while i was sitting in the old white truck waiting for someone, and she just got out and bam! slammed her door right into my door. i said something and she turned her nose up like who cares, its not a beemer..

her face turned sour though when i slammed my door into her car like 3 times while she watched.... yeah those people PMO big time... its the simple mentality, "It's not mine, screw it".

I also have a broken mirror on the focus. its not broke off but now it shakes because somebody apparently walked into it in a parking lot somewhere, and it broke one of the 3 mounts. now my mirror shakes like i got bass when i don't have any.

If you're going to keep using valet parking, id hold off on the body work prep! you'll be 1000 times more PO'd if this happens to your new paint!

Last edited by 78 Chevyrado; 04-22-2010 at 08:08 PM.
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
74 C-30
Dually Pride

Anyone ever seen Beverly Hills Cop?
Quote:
Can you put this in a good spot? 'Cause all of this **** happened the last time I parked here

'74 Chevy C-30 350/4 speed/dually
'94 Ford Ranger
74 C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Made me think of Ferris Buellers Day Off actually...

When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #8
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

This is exactly why no one has ever driven my HHR since I bought it. It will be 3 years old in June and there is not a single mark on it.....but I am very picky about where I park. Even at work I park in an un-used lot next door. The company who owns that building use it for auxillary storage and it is rarely used.
I always park at the far end of the lot no matter where I go. I will NOT park anywhere that someone could park next to me....and yes, I have yelled at a few Aholes for thinking about it.

I have gone through this several times with most of the vehicles I have owned, to the point where I didn't own anything nice enough to worry about for several years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #9
James McClure
One shot, one kill.

LOLL, I have to laugh about this. NOT at the incidents you folks went thru, it sucks that people have such little respect for the property of others, BUT, at an incident I went thru before I redid mine in a super market lot. I'm glad my truck is "up there a bit". Some woman in a small Cadillac pulled in next to me. I didn't pay any attention to her or her car, then I heard this loud bang. She had swung her door open with a MASSIVE thigh right into the edge of my running board. The impact was sufficient to put a bend in her door flange 3" deep and 6" long!! What happened next was beyond beliefe, she starts yelling at me for parking to close to the line and calls the cops. To make a long story short, the cops show up and she starts in on them. After a paperwork check she got a ticket for no insurance and the plates came back for another car and her's got towed to the impound lot. Cop told me I could leave at any time. Other than a ding in the running board, nothing else got hurt. I was snickering the whole time. It was all I could do to keep from busting out laughing at how stupid she was. When your illegal you don't draw attention to yourself, and for danm sure you don't call the cops, and if you do, you don't give them a ration of crap. Whats really scary about this is she lives among us and probably votes. LOL, jim
1984 K20 350M engine with 465,000 miles. Well, it's finally done!! Almost 2 years of work, but it was really worth the effort. Little stuff left to do is mount winch, wet sand & buff out and build belly pan\running boards. Body work takes lots and LOTS of beer!!!! God, Guts and Guns made America and God, Guts and Guns will preserve it! The worst thing you could do is get into my sights, but that don't matter, you'll never know it, cause you'll never hear the shotJim or Paladin whichever you choose.
James McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

this is why i hate owning a newer car.. i have my work truck and i dont care if that gets dinged, but i have the newer toyota and that i got sick over because i park on the streets and already its been destroyed since january
ive lived back in NYC since like 05 and since then ive spent over $5000 repairing damages from hit and run drivers. This does not include the damages that were covered by others insurance that i actually caught them... and this is while i was parked and out of the vehicles

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
Hoods69BadBowTie
Chevys Kick A$$

Wow damn that sucks so many damn people just have no respect for anyone else's stuff these days. That's an awesome story about the beemer ***** lol that made my day when you did that back to her
-'86 K5 Blazer Silverado 6.2 4" lift 35"s
-'95 Ext. Cab Shorty 4" Tuff Country rolling 35" M/T's
-'83 Monte Carlo T-Tops. 126,500 Original Miles
-LATER
I would rather push a Chevy then drive a ford!!
Hoods69BadBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78 Chevyrado View Post
I had a lady in a beemer one time park right beside me while i was sitting in the old white truck waiting for someone, and she just got out and bam! slammed her door right into my door. i said something and she turned her nose up like who cares, its not a beemer..

her face turned sour though when i slammed my door into her car like 3 times while she watched.... yeah those people PMO big time... its the simple mentality, "It's not mine, screw it".

I also have a broken mirror on the focus. its not broke off but now it shakes because somebody apparently walked into it in a parking lot somewhere, and it broke one of the 3 mounts. now my mirror shakes like i got bass when i don't have any.

If you're going to keep using valet parking, id hold off on the body work prep! you'll be 1000 times more PO'd if this happens to your new paint!
I did that once, no audience. When I first got my 79 only the driver door would unlock with the key. I came out side from work one day and someone had parked way too close to the drivers side - I had to walk sideways shuffling my feet just to get to the door and unlock it. But that was the least of my worries. I could only open the door a smidge and I have a protuberance of belly - no way I could slide in. So I was forced to mash my door into her car while trying to suck my gut in far enough to squeeze into my car. I don't really have it in me to suck all that in, what I really needed was a pair of ratcheting tie straps so I could ratched the beast, uh, belly in.

Needless to say when I finally got in my car I had a fine time throwing my door into that POS as hard as I could - I stayed until I got it out of my system. I still get a grin when I see that car at work.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

You did that to someone you work with????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
68Timber
I know the pieces fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
You did that to someone you work with????
We see it different - they did that to me. Do you park up against someone where they can't open their door?

But to answer your question, it's a big parking deck, big building, with other companies there. I don't have a clue who drives that car except that it's someone who doesn't give a rip about anyone else.

79 2wd Blazer (Bruiser)
85 M1009 Blazer (Sarge) build
74 Honda Z50 build
68Timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #15
BLE 'BURBAN
In the Forgotten far North.

I was up at the hospital this past winter and when I came out there was a taurus parked up real close to the drivers side of my burb. So close that I too had a COULDN'T open the door far enough to get in. I side stepped back out, turned around so my back side was up against the 'burb and went back in between the cars again. This time I put my feet up on the doors of the taurus with my back to the burb, squatted down and pushed as hard as I could. That taurus, parked on ice started to slide away from my burb and didn't stop until it touched the car on the other side. I then had almost 2 ft of clearance to open my door and leave.
overhead console Stereo install Round 2 Aug 2009
Heated/turn signal mirror upgrade
BLE 'BURBAN is offline   Reply With Quote