The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Bob66

'74 Suburban I bought today

I bought a friend's project that was not completed for sad personal reasons today.
It is a '74 1 Ton Dually 4 door Suburban.
  • '81 front clip already professsionally installed
  • oval port 454 (ran when parked, sealed up)
  • Bodywork done and in primer
  • door jambs painted white (professionally done)
  • newly professionally rebuilt 400TH tranny (not even run yet)
  • new 1 ton front calipers and rotors
  • new front end parts (suspension and steering links)
He has all the glass. There is more stuff I don't know about yet, he's going to write it down for me.

I am going to use the the 14 bolt dually rear end and wheels, maybe swap the new front brake parts for my good used ones. I will put an HO72 rear end under the back so it will be a rolling chassis.

I plan to sell the rest VERY cheap to someone who wants to build the 'Burban. whoever gets it will be a couple thousand dollars and hundreds of hours ahead on an awesome project. I will post pictures and more info later after I get it moved to my place.

Edit Note: changed the asterisked out ( by site editors) word to "awesome". A little too sensitive aren't we? That word is also the name of an aftermarket parts maker. It is in no way obscene or meant to be. do you also have to make the word asassinate look like as***inate?...........Ridiculous.

Last edited by Bob66; 05-15-2010 at 03:12 PM. Reason: way prude censorship
Bob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: '74 Suburban I bought today

Sounds like you struck gold.

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
Bob66

I guessed that because I wasn't allowed to post in the classified section. This (original) post was only an announcement, not an offer for the sale of anything.
so I guess it was more appropriate here anyway.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

74 1 ton dually suburban. Pics? Never heard of such a thing. They stopped making 1 ton suburbans mid 60's I thought, and have never seen a suburban with dually, ever.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Bob66

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
74 1 ton dually suburban. Pics? Never heard of such a thing. They stopped making 1 ton suburbans mid 60's I thought, and have never seen a suburban with dually, ever.
My mistake, it is a 3/4 ton, now. This is a custom built job, all professionally done work. The owner also owns a speed shop. I bought it for the 14 bolt and the dually (steel) wheels which will allow me to do a gear change higher (numerically lower) than what is available for the HO72. This will work for my narrowed (to cab width) '66 stakebed project. I haven't brought it home yet because of other stuff in the way, I will take a few pictures soon and post them. It will be awhile (coupla weeks?) before I pay my dues here and post it for sale. I've got to get an axle under the back so it can roll it out of here. He has all the glass and more, in storage, that will go with the whole durn thing, minus the 14 bolt and wheels. I just want to get my money back out of it and find somebody who will appreciate what they are getting, and actually finish the build.

I didn't pay very much for it.

Last edited by Bob66; 05-16-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Bob66

Ok, I just paid for a premium membership. This thread is treading on the border of being an unauthorized offer for sale. It is not, I will post it in the proper place when I'm ready. I guess this is sort of a trailer, a teaser for the great deal I'm going to give someone.