The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
crewcab67

what shipping companies are better

I am looking at parting a truck out what shipping companie is better to ship the grill out of a 72 or the doors or any other big parts? I look at UPS and to ship the grill from 98682 to 73301 is $140.00 is that good or not? any help would be good.

thanks Nathan
crewcab67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
crewcab67

Re: what shipping companies are better

can anyone help me what companies would be better

Last edited by crewcab67; 05-25-2010 at 06:51 PM.
crewcab67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

For me....anything that is under the "freight" catagory, I ship fedex ground. Seems like it was about 30% cheaper than the brown dudes. I do have an account though so that must make a difference.
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
JRE

Fed Ex or Gray hound bus. I've had really good luck with both. Shipped a door cross country on the bus for $30
JRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
mbgmike

We have used many. Both Ground and truck freight. You have opened a can of worms when asking which is better We have been angry at every company that ships ground.We still use them. As far as freight companies we use Yellow, AAAcooper, DB Schenker. and a variety of others. We refuse to use UPS overnite. At least out of the Houston Terminal. They are always trying to charge us for all kinds of stuff. ie) appointment fee to deliver a load from a supplier that was shipped for free. Just remember when you hear people quoting rates and stuff be careful. It depends on a lot of stuff. Where it is going, their will be extra fees for a remote location. extra fees for congested areas. and more. it can eat you up.
And yes we have used and will use Greyhound as a last resort. They get the stuff their fast but the are so undependable on the front and back side of the process. Plus their drop off locations aren't always dependable. They are cheap however. If the customer requests it we will do it. We have customers that live on Indian Reservations. That is always interesting when doing truck freight

Your state is a hard state to ship truck freight to unless its in a larger city. We are shipping a hood there now. LTL was $300.00 some dollars with most companies We finally found one for $179.00

Last edited by mbgmike; 05-25-2010 at 07:40 PM.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote