The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
BigBlockBurby

92-99 suburban/pick up control arms?

1993 GMC Suburban K2500 5.7

When I got the truck it was a beater, I'm in the process of fixing her up and making her reliable and safe so I can start saving for my new transmission and 383 Stroker. This weekend and paycheck, its time for Suspension and Steering. Im going to be picking up a lift kit in the next few months. But for right now, I have to make it reliable as it is (cranked torsion 1 inch body lift) The lower ball joints and steering are shot along with the shocks and the trucks not exactly safe. While I have the front end apart, I was hoping I might come across some aftermarket heavy duty control arms. Does anyone know where I can find some for this truck? Its a 4 wheel drive, but some long travel would be nice, to give the truck a good work out in the desert. I just want them to be more than able to withstand the 35-37's some good gears, and a good beating. Im also looking for some heavy duty uniball joints, HD tie rods, quad shock front end would deffinately be nice, maybe some fox/king resovior shocks New wheel bearing hub assemblys are coming this weekend as well.

Any company that makes Heavy duty/aftermarker/offroad/extended control arms for these trucks is what im looking for. Id like to try and get as much done as I can when I have it apart. Any info or recomendations for me guys?
BigBlockBurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
propanemudtruck
Local Redneck Authority

Re: 92-99 suburban/pick up control arms?

Just my opinion, but for what you're looking to do, a deaver leaf sprung D44 or D60 might be your best bet for reliablily and cost effectiveness. The IFS lifts and upgrades get quite expensive on these trucks.

Check out www.offroadunlimited.com, ORU has a pretty good reputation in the off road world.
propanemudtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
BigBlockBurby

Re: 92-99 suburban/pick up control arms?

I was contimplating the SAS up front, but Im saving that for my dually. im not trying to get nuts with this burban, just decent suspension and ability, ive seen half assed half tons do amazing, id like a done right burban to keep up with that curve, and so far, shes the best offroad capable vehicle ive owned, besides my 88 Suburban, that thing never got stuck, not one time, Id like to find another 80's suburban with a diesel, do a cummins swap and throw her on 38's-42's haha, but yeah, Maybe further down the roading ill get my SAS for the burban, but honestly id wrather I just beef up the IFS for some basic fun, save the towing to the dually, and the heavy mashing to a possible future 80's burban, or maybe even a 1 ton k5? oh boy I cant wait.

Any advice guys?
BigBlockBurby is offline   Reply With Quote