The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Mayhem.Evol

First Day!

Well ive been hoping to get a job this summer to save up for a square body and I did.. today was my first day.. I'm pretty excited, it felt good actually being able to work for it now instead of just hoping to.. I spent all day thinkin about chevys lol

sorry if this is too unrelated to 73-87s

EDIT: this is what my dad gave me to drive for the summer

Last edited by Mayhem.Evol; 06-07-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Mayhem.Evol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Roadrage

Re: First Day!

Nice truck, definitely room for some mods there. And it's a great time to be buying a square body right now (their value has taken a big hit in this economy).

McGaughy's 5/7 Drop: 2" Drop Spindles, 2" Coil Relocators, 1" Drop Springs, 7" Flip Kit, 2050 Shocks, Shock Extenders, McGaughy's Helper Bags / 24x10 U2-55 wheels on Kumho 275/30/24's / DiabloSport Predator Diablo Tune / DDM Raptor HID's / Debadged / Lamin-Xed Headlights (Tint), Taillights (Gunsmoke) and Fog Lights (Tint) / Extang Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover

My previous trucks:

My '84 SWB
My Tahoe Limited
Roadrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Mayhem.Evol

yeah im just gunna work this job and try to save money other ways all summer and see if i can find me a decent square to buy.. and yeah that canyon is pretty sweet.. 45k miles.. 6 yrs old
Old 06-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
silverstreak

Congratulations, you're another step closer to getting it. What are your plans for it once you find one?

Last edited by silverstreak; 06-07-2010 at 06:52 PM.
silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
Mayhem.Evol

..Loud, Fast. Even tho w/ me the speed would nvr be used, i just want to have a decent one.. It wont be my daily driver so id want it to be pretty fast.. Id just like to have it lowered like 4-6(i think thats what im thinking about).. Id want to debadge it, have completely stock looking interior, and just some decent rims(I prefer the more hot-rodish look, so no huge ones.. i actually like rallys kinda w/ alot of tire).
If i had everything i wanted itd have a big block, but i know thats not realistic at all lol
Old 06-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
silverstreak

Sounds cool, post some pics when you get it.
silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:57 PM   #7
JNJchev77
Registered Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem.Evol View Post
..Loud, Fast. Even tho w/ me the speed would nvr be used, i just want to have a decent one.. It wont be my daily driver so id want it to be pretty fast.. Id just like to have it lowered like 4-6(i think thats what im thinking about).. Id want to debadge it, have completely stock looking interior, and just some decent rims(I prefer the more hot-rodish look, so no huge ones.. i actually like rallys kinda w/ alot of tire).
If i had everything i wanted itd have a big block, but i know thats not realistic at all lol

Nothing wrong with setting some goals... you'd be surprised how cheap you can find/build a big block... good luck!
JNJchev77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Mayhem.Evol

Yeah i guess, i need to get more mechanically inclined first.. one of the major reasons im wanting to do this(other than to have my own, personally built truck) is to learn.. i have no mechanic, body, wiring etc etc skills..
Old 06-21-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
team39763

My 82 C10 was my learning tool. I just jumped right in and learned as I went. The think I liked about working on these trucks is that there's usually a bunch of room to work under the hood. Even under the truck isn't so bad. Good luck bro, I hope you find a good one.