The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
hoppa

Talking hello from TX

I kept noticing that I was finding answers to my questions here when I would google for something...So I figured must be a great forum so here I am
I have 2 classic trucks and one square body 4X4.
My Daily driver is a 71 long wide original 350-4 with 3 on the tree. Under the primer is the original paint (white) and the rockers are almost rust free...just a lil penny hole on pass side. I have a temp 350 in it while I am rebuilding the original motor that was still in truck when I bought it (standard everything). It ran but only on about 4 3/4 cylinders due to the original exhaust valve seats I have a saggy 4 speed out of Chevelle that is going in it next with the rebuilt motor. The picture where it is white is the day I bought it out of field, been sitting 10 years by registration(1999). I really like this old truck because of how untouched/unmodified it is, all the original wiring is still in good shape. it has factory over load springs as a option, thought that was cool too. No power steering or brakes BUT they checked the disk option which is sweet, the brakes work great.

Next is my on going never gonna finish truck.. it is a 69 short wide.
I changed it all over to 5 lug disk but have never finished it to have brakes. I used 82chevy front susp. and 72 axels. I have built a nice 468 BBC for it, some of the highlights are flat tops,ARP bolts,427 Cl.chamber heads fully ported, 540 lift cam,Erson roller rockers, strip dominator intake and 850 DBL pumper. My desktop dyno puts it around 500hp-500Ft lbs.. I will find out for sure when finished on rear wheel dyno. I have a 2500 stall and turbo 400 to back it up. It has a welded 373 12 bolt but will be changing that when it is time to make it street legal. I have replaced all the body mounts already. It has some rust on driver rocker and floor, not too bad though.I have been working on it for 4 years and juggle other projects so it gets put off...soon I hope I will get motivated to finish it. My plans are not to be a show truck but a street truck.
this is how I bought it,

this is its current state (except I did the body mounts so the body lines are good now)

and my square body 4X4,

I have 4.10s in another 10 bolt front with limited slip and 4.10s in a FF 14 bolt and detroit locker that are about to put under this thing..will be worlds better than the open 3.08s 10bolt/12 bolt it has.
It has a mild 350 (small cam/intake) flows turbo 400, NP208, 35in Mud Brute tires.
I hope this intro is not too long, (I left out my Harley) but I enjoy sharing what I have and seeing other ppls rides too. I look forward to participating in the forums.

Last edited by hoppa; 07-05-2010 at 03:22 AM.
hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
scotts62
One day...

Re: hello from TX

Hey from OKC!!

Cool trucks you have there

93 crew cab build
Project 62
scotts62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Zylone

Welcome to the forum! Nice projects you have there, and you are just having too much fun in that 4x4!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

Welcome to the board.

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote