The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
chevymotocross

Finally mounted the new bed. Pics included

Bought this bed 2 years ago and finally got it mounted. As you can see, the western chassis flip kit and lowering shackles brought the back down nicely Unfortunately, I have been waiting over a month, and still waiting, for the front coils from Sport Truck Direct. I'm going to have a chat with them tomorrow about shipping them with quicker than Ground service. I shouldn't have to wait another damn week to have them shipped when they never told me upfront I would have to wait over a month for them. Getting a bit rediculous.

Just have to finish up some minor body work on this bed, hook up my filler neck, light harness, apply do-it-yourself bedliner, and shoot with primer.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
baclay9

Re: Finally mounted the new bed. Pics included

I find it funny that you are waiting on coils from them while I recieved my coils but they didn't have flip kits or shakles in stock for me. I think they had one lowering kit left and sent you half of it and me half of it. LOL
baclay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
baclay9

Figured I would let you know what I found out from Sport Truck Direct after talking to them again this morning since we are in basically the same boat.

He told me Western was at least two weeks out on the flip kits/c-sections. I don't know if the coils have the same wait or not though. I went ahead and upgraded to Bell Tech parts because they were ready to ship today. He cut me a really good deal since I have been waiting so long. Anyway...good luck with your parts man.
baclay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
78 Chevyrado
Account Suspended

Looks nice! I really like the wheels!
78 Chevyrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #5
chevymotocross

Baclay9, thanks for the update. I didn't get a chance to call them today, got sidetracked.

Thanks 78chevyrado. I'm trying to figure out the brand of the wheels. Only wording I can find on the wheels are "Paramount" and the center caps are American Racing but I can't find these wheels on American Racing website.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
chevymotocross

I spoke with STD today. The Western coils are still on backorder for another 2 weeks. They are sending me Belltech 2'' coils for $10. These are 1/2'' lower than the western's. If I find the front has too much rake, I can always raise the leafsprings to the next hole on the lowering shackles for an extra inch. In that case, I would really have basically a 5/7 and not a 4/6.

Last edited by chevymotocross; 07-06-2010 at 02:02 PM.
chevymotocross is offline   Reply With Quote