The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #26
OhOneWS6

Re: WANTED Chrome Stepside Sport Rear Bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer71 View Post
just my opinion but i don't see where you did anything wrong. Yea most ppl like to have all the dealing done via main thread and that's how it should be but it happens all the time. He clearly stated he could get a better/same deal somewhere else so that makes the bumper fair game. I dunno I don't get it, why should you owe anyone anything?
Well said. I agree 100% Baby John did absolutely nothing wrong. I kept my opinions to PMs initially only because I feared if I spoke my mind the same punishment would be given to me by moderators as was given to John.

IMO this forum is way over moderated. I am a member of plenty of other forums (auto, boat and other hobbies) and have been for many years. This is by far the most militant. It is also the only one I know of that raises funds by charging its members for the privilege of posting certain types of threads instead of sourcing sponsors to support the cost of the board. Most boards have a volunteer make donations policy and require a minimum post count or time of membership before posting for sale threads. I have made donations to some of those boards that I am a member of but I refuse to pay a subscription fee that is forced on me. I have several things to sell that I know other members could use but I can't see paying $25 annually to sell $50 worth of parts. It is surprising to me that this is really the only game in town when it comes to 67-72 boards.

Go Team Baby John!!!!!

Last edited by OhOneWS6; 05-12-2010 at 07:26 PM.
OhOneWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #27
WIDESIDE72

As far as I am concerned, you can get pissed all you want. I guess you know how I felt when you sniped me on the original deal. Do you honestly not have anything better to worry about? You made a lot of assumptions about what I thought or wanted to do. You and the seller should have asked me if I was out, not gone ahead without asking. Do you beleive in Karma, I sure do. If I was you, I would leave this forum and never come back, since you were so mistreated.

1. MS235 stated that he needed a fleetside bumper. I was still in the process of trying to make a trade. I thought he would do what was right and deal with me first since I STARTED THIS WTB thread.
2. You are not even a paying member. You deserved the infraction.
3. I thought I would try and let you make thngs right when you offered the headers. You are not telling the truth when you said I told you I would pay shipping. I told you to "let me know". Anyone with half a brain should have taken that to mean "LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH THE SHIPPING WILL COST".
4. The headers are laying in the back of the truck. i will not be using them because I don't want to bend my fuel and brake lines all to hell to get them to fit, then pay WAY more than they are worth having them sandblasted and thermal coated. There is not a BIT of paint on the headers. They covered in rust and are thin in places. After i looked the things over, thought about how you pulled a fast one on me, and since I still have the original ram horn manifolds, decided I would not get pressured into paying for your mistake.

I should have known something was up when I asked you about shipping them and you said "I normally have my people do this sort of thing for me." Wow, Mr. Important...

I am not going to have any further dealings with you concerning this. I have better thongs to do with my time. It is not worth tarnishing the reputation I have gained here. I have had numerous transactions, both buying and selling, and have met several members in person. I have had nothing but good experiences til you came along.Good luck and good riddance.

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 05-12-2010 at 08:47 PM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #28
Baby John

so when i told you i had headers that were rusty but still useable? did you not understand that? what about when i sent pictures? did you not see the rust? and how many sets of headers have you bought from a running vehicle that still had paint on them? And I'll easily send copies of the pm's and emails we exchanged that substantiate this, including the one you sent saying you'd pay 1\2 price and nothing after that, yet still no money. Are you banning me from the board? Is this your board? Do the rules say I have to be a paying member? I'm sure the board doesn't want this type of dialog so I'll back off, but I don't think anyone got screwed here but me. If I get kicked off for this, then so be it.

My son and I are resto-rodding a '72 GMC Stepside
Baby John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 AM   #29
WIDESIDE72

After all this fiasco, I was finally able to find a used stock bumper from a friend of my dads. I got if for $50 (!) and it includes all four brackets, but no tag mount. I have one of those on the way that I picked up from another member. I am in need of a stock tag light, though. Anyone have one?
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote