The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
watindes

Need drop help and a pole question

Ok, I am impartial to both but below is a side shot of my truck as it sits but I removed the add-a-leaf it is 3" higher in the rear than the front I have put two inch drop spring sin front and two inch shackles in rear. I am thinking of dropping the rear two more inches but I cant find ANYONE who sells the rear hangers that arn't in a complete kit again I have shackles but I want the hangers too, that would make the rear adjustable and the perfect stance.

Here are the two things I am asking:

-Does the truck look a little weird as it sits from the side view, (at an angle it looks bad a**)
- I would like to find a source for the hangers alone as close to $100 as possible

I really would love to know these two things, I have tried LMC, Summit, ect.

Thanks and pics are below

Jesse
Attached Images

Your mother is a *beep beep beep*ing*beep*lorem ipsum*beep beep beep*admiumvenium*beep beep beep beep*turolagulio*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep* hippopotamus*beep beep beep beep beep beep*beep beep beep* Daniel Radcliffe *beep beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep beep beep* in a castle far away where no one can hear you *beep beep beep beep beep beep* soup *beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep* Mickey Mouse *beep beep* with a stick of dinomite *beeeeeepppp* magical *beep beep beep beep* ALAKAZAM!
watindes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Cherub

Re: Need drop help and a pole question

i like a little rake but it looks like your rear is sitting kinda high. even if you just drop it another inch it would look worlds better.

i never used drop shackles so i dont know where you could source them from. maybe ebay?
Cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
watindes

This pic was taken before I removed the helper spring taht gave me about 3/4 inch, I would like to remove more but they are connected but I dont know how to seperate them from the retainers holding the spring together, ebay was no help they are all kits (I need a better pic afetr the removal, will do that tomorrow).

Jesse

Your mother is a *beep beep beep*ing*beep*lorem ipsum*beep beep beep*admiumvenium*beep beep beep beep*turolagulio*beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep* hippopotamus*beep beep beep beep beep beep*beep beep beep* Daniel Radcliffe *beep beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep beep beep* in a castle far away where no one can hear you *beep beep beep beep beep beep* soup *beep beep beep* with a bucket of *beep beep* Mickey Mouse *beep beep* with a stick of dinomite *beeeeeepppp* magical *beep beep beep beep* ALAKAZAM!

Last edited by watindes; 07-15-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

Performancesuspension.com has them for $120. Part # WES2012.

http://www.performancesuspension.com...oducts_id=5715

Slonaker

EDIT: I think some folks here have just raised their stock ones by drilling new holes in the frame. Maybe someone who has done it can chime in...

Last edited by Slonaker; 07-15-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:53 AM   #5
watindes

The part that I am getting confused about is that my hangers have six holes that connect to the frame, this is what I am looking for but it only has four holes. I will call them and ask if it is the same pic as the product for the truck.

Thanks!

Jesse

Old 07-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #6
MONTEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by watindes View Post
The part that I am getting confused about is that my hangers have six holes that connect to the frame, this is what I am looking for but it only has four holes. I will call them and ask if it is the same pic as the product for the truck.

Thanks!

Jesse
To "lower" the postion of the leaf attachment point, the hanger has to move up. So the one that sits higher will have to be shorter or you will have to cut the bed for it to poke thru. I have seen people use the stock hanger by cutting out the rivets and moving it up and cutting the extra legth of the top where it passes the top of the frame. You would have to drill new holes in the hanger or frame to make this work.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
watindes

I cut the bed for the shackles, if I buy the aftermarket front hangers I wont need to cut the bed.

Jess