The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
78bronzechariot

Re: LS swappers, post up your pics!!

2002 4.8/4l60e Not a show job, but it runs like a new truck. I put the miles on mine getting parts for my other projects. 2000 miles so far. Pictures are from the day I took my first test drive to the dealer to do the crankshaft variation learn. Also threw in a pic of the tired 327 that was replaced.
Attached Images

78bronzechariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
mac72

What A cool forum ,all your swaps look great, each has its own unique taste. Thanks Glock,It's a vintage air setup.It went on perfect .The "truss" that goes across the middle is really nice.I have edelbrocks 2 piece timing cover so between the truss,cover & not having to remove the intake ,cam swaps will be a breeze.It came w/ a really sweet ATI balancer also, 2 drawbacks though, the anodizing on the crank & waterpump pullies is not the same color black it's like hard anodized brown & it seems to be lightening in color from just sitting.I called VA & they sent me new pullies out even without recieving the original ones first but the new set is doing the same thing.I have to get some other parts ano'd so I'm just gonna send them w/ that batch.
Mac

it was a complete kit incl. the compressor.It went on really nice just a couple of problems w/ it.If you look close the anodizing on the wtr. pump& crank pulleys changed color I've sent them back once & they sent me out a new set even before they got the old set back.Great service but the new set has faded too.I have to send some other stuff to get anod. so I figured I would throw them in w/ the rest of the stuff.
The other problem is "& this is a little knit picky" The idler pulley is plastic & the screw for the idler cover is to short it only engages a couple of threads.Both problems are easily correctable but for what this stuff costs I expect it to wipe my behind too!All in all its the best deal going for this type of kit. just my 2

Last edited by usmcchevy; 06-21-2011 at 09:58 AM.
mac72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
Shortbed 68

What kind of radiator did u use? I'm doing a 5.3, 4l60e swap in a 68 shortbed looking for all info I can get.
Shortbed 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #4
DLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbed 68 View Post
What kind of radiator did u use? I'm doing a 5.3, 4l60e swap in a 68 shortbed looking for all info I can get.
Not sure if your asking anyone in particular, but I went with the Entropy radiator myself.

I also switched, from what you see in these pics ,which are the 2014 Camaro beltline water pump and balancer, to the corvette water pump (2004 vintage I believe) and balancer as it pushed the beltline back 1.5" closer to the engine. FYI, the 2010+ Camaro and truck beltlines are the same and also stick out the furthest compared to the F-body and Corvette beltlines. Just in case anyone is looking for a bit more room like I was.

DLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #5
TwinsSpeedShop

Got my motor painted and dressed out with the valley cover and intake. Will be putting coil pack and accessories on tomorrow
Attached Images

TwinsSpeedShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
Shortbed 68

What kind of other parts did u use if I may ask? Engine, drivetrain, anything is helpful. Thank you
Shortbed 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #7
TwinsSpeedShop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortbed 68 View Post
What kind of other parts did u use if I may ask? Engine, drivetrain, anything is helpful. Thank you
If your talking about mine, it's a 6.0/T56 combo with a sinister cam installed. The intake is from TSP. everything else is stock
TwinsSpeedShop is offline   Reply With Quote