The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #51
slepysal

Re: my next truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh64pkup View Post
looks good Sal especialy for 900 bucks
Thanks , yea the price was!!

"Over, Around or through it... "
slepysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #52
slepysal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchav62 View Post
Great plans! When you order your 'moon' caps, keep me in mind for the caps that are on it now.
pm me your address!!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #53
slepysal

I went to pick and pull and picked up some jeep door checks they charged me 15.00 ea plus .99 for a core charge, what a joke. I removed two sets but wasnt going to pay 60.00 plus , next time Ill sneek them out.
I installed them at lunch easy and they work fine.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:45 PM   #54
Bugeyev8

Hey !! Bay Area local here .. I am working on a 62 over here in San Leandro,

what Jeep check straps fit ??

I used to see that black truck you bought over in San Jose by King rd if I recall, Sweet looking project and I think you got a sweet deal !!
Bugeyev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #55
slepysal

Whats up in the East Bay ? Here is a link for the jeep door checks I got them off of a 1999 cherokee, easy no drill install
http://www.persh.org/pickup/DoorChecks.htm

Story and King, thats my back yard!
Thanks man the truck belonged to some dude from the southside its coming along !

Old 11-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #56
Bugeyev8

sweet, I know my Chevys.. and where they are, I go to all the local Pick your Parts even in the Valley and Sac area too, If I come across any I can let you know, I need a few parts and I am sure you do too, mabey we can keep an eye out for each other, I have a ton of extra stuff from my 62 if you even need anything, Thanks for the link to the check straps...the ones on my 62 are shot, I know alot of people around the Bay Area, Is there a club or anything for us 61-66 guys ?
Bugeyev8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:13 AM   #57
slepysal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyev8 View Post
sweet, I know my Chevys.. and where they are, I go to all the local Pick your Parts even in the Valley and Sac area too, If I come across any I can let you know, I need a few parts and I am sure you do too, mabey we can keep an eye out for each other, I have a ton of extra stuff from my 62 if you even need anything, Thanks for the link to the check straps...the ones on my 62 are shot, I know alot of people around the Bay Area, Is there a club or anything for us 61-66 guys ?
Sounds good No club but we had a nice BBQ a few years back maybe we can do another one, there are alot of 60-66's around here.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:22 PM   #58
REDNOSE65

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepysal View Post
so the truck is mine! I have been working on it at lunch (the guys at work call it "the lunch truck") doing small things
I removed the rear bumper, add some temp rear lights, replaced the water outlet,replaced the turn signal switch , but it seems that the turn signal cam were the cable goes is toast.
I added some gauges, replaced the speedo cable and dimmer switch.I removed a bunch of wires that were added by the po,I still need to get the dome light , high beams and gas gauge to work.
I plan on adding some tear drop tail lights rear chrome bumper ,drop the front, and add some bullet wheel caps.
I found out the motor came out of a camaro, fires right up but it is a 305,and dirty.It has a Holley spread bore, but it runs a bit rich, so I will swap out an eddelbrock that I have.
The 4 speed shifts fine dosn't pop out of gear but it is a bit noisey, I'm thinking it is a bit low on gear oil.
I had to put in a new battery, the old one had drained from sitting, and would not hold a charge, it would drain in a week even when disconected. the alternator shows to be charging 14 volts on the volt meter.
I will post some pics soon

any updates on this one???

LOS HITTERS C.C
DALLAS, TEXAS

The making of a Red Nose...
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=396518
REDNOSE65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #59
Bugeyev8

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDNOSE65 View Post