The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
chisler

72/k10 vent window

Can anyone fill me in on replacing the side window channels,especially the one in the vent window pillar,looks like a removable metal backed insert ,press fit?
Attached Images

chisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
AirSpeed

Re: 72/k10 vent window

You can buy a replacement division bar that includes the solid steel piece with the felt installed or you can buy just the felt. If you replace just the felt you can rip out the old felt, clean up the the division bar and insert the new felt. You may be able to replace just the felt without removing the wing vent assembly but I would probably just remove it, it's a pretty simle process. If you replace the division bar you will need to remove the wing vent and drill out the three rivets that hold the bar in the channel and the channel to the wing vent and rivet it back together. Either way it's an easy fix. If I were you I would replace the wing vent rubber at the same time, you can buy all that parts at Classic Parts for about $60. It will take you few hours at most. They sell special rivets and a setting tool but I used pop rivets instead, it was a lot easier to work with a rivet gun that having to set the rivets with a hammer and punch.
It really is a pretty easy job, just take your time and pay attention to how it comes apart. If you replace the rubber weather stripping around the wing vent you can use some dish soap to lube the rubber, it makes a HUGE difference when installing the new rubber.
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
chisler

Re: 72/k10 vent window

Thanks AirSpeed for the info I will give it a try,I have gotten parts from Classic before(rear tinted window,ss trim and seal) I was very happy with the product they sent me...Thanks
chisler is offline   Reply With Quote