The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-30-2003, 03:24 PM   #1
chevychic

Talking Lookie what I got!!

Just happened to drop by the pick n pull yard again today and scored this pair of bucket seats for $20!!

Got a friend who can weld me a frame too! I'm so stoked!!

Attached Images

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
bigblock73
yeller

Saweeet Heather...I like em!

What about a console? Any plans?

...Jeff
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Prerunner1982

sweet.. yeah.. what about a console? how about a custom one?

still think my hmmwv seats are better.. haha jk :p
Oklahoma Roll Call
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
chevychic

Quote:
Originally posted by bigblock73
Saweeet Heather...I like em!

What about a console? Any plans?

...Jeff
Definitely going to get a console. I need to have the option of carrying 2 passengers so I'll be getting one of the fold down ones.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
Old 05-30-2003, 05:22 PM   #5
Izzy
Trucker.

Quote:
Originally posted by chevychic

Definitely going to get a console. I need to have the option of carrying 2 passengers so I'll be getting one of the fold down ones.
Try getting a 99+ Silvy/Sierra middle fold down seat, those guys are always trying to sell them to get a cosonle.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 07:59 PM   #6
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Congrats on the find Heather. That's a better find than my $40 dollar seats.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 04:06 AM   #7
MSL

Quote:
pick n pull yard
Where the heck is this pick and pull yard at. i have never heard of it.?
MSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 06:34 AM   #8
navybear70
hometown heroes!

You got a really good deal, but I prefer my bench seat. A truck is not a truck to me without it. The closest I would come is a split bench with a fold down console like my old '94 Ram.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. -Robert E. Lee

"Never give up ground you've already taken." -Unknown
navybear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 10:26 AM   #9
chevychic

Quote:
Originally posted by MSL

Where the heck is this pick and pull yard at. i have never heard of it.?
LOL It's my secret! hehe...actually, I already told you before. It's on Vilas Rd.

Go out Crater Lake Hwy past Costco. Turn left at the intersection with the BiMor Gas Station. You'll pass the gun club and the rifle range (they're on the right). About 1/2 a mile past them, you'll see Action Auto Parts on the left. There are two buildings. The A-frame shaped one is the full service area where the parts are pulled for you. The one next to it with the garage bays is the U-Pull It yard. There isn't any difference in the vehicles they get between the two and the U Pull it yard is about 50% cheaper (or more). They were having special all you can carry days for a while but I didn't see a sign yesterday about any specials.

I'll be going back in today to talk to the guy I originally went to see when I stumbled across the seats and see if they can help me locate another buckle end of the seat belt for one of the seats.

I got them all cleaned up last night so all the dark areas in the pictures look and feel as good as new. You wouldn't even know these seats came from a junkyard. And the coolest thing? They already match my interior in case I don't want to recover them.

navybear: Benchseats are cool, but the thing I hate about them is not having the ability to move the seats independently or adjust the angle of the back. With my 5'0" frame, I need to have independently moving seats otherwise my passenger would end up with their knees in the dash if the benchseat could adjust that far up. As it is now, I have my benchseat as far up as possible AND I'm using a lumbar pillow just so I can see out the window. How sad is that? LOL

- Christopher Robin
Old 05-31-2003, 12:12 PM   #10
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Question

Heather,

What are thay out of?

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 12:48 PM   #11
chevychic

They're out of an S10/S15 Blazer

- Christopher Robin
Old 05-31-2003, 01:50 PM   #12
navybear70
hometown heroes!

chevychic: LOL! That is awesome! I love seeing really short ladies with their smiling face behind the wheel of a truck. Especially wearing a cowgirl hat and driving a big four wheel drive!(Except in my rearview mirror of course... )

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less. -Robert E. Lee

"Never give up ground you've already taken." -Unknown
navybear70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 05:18 PM   #13
chevychic

wrong!

Quote:
They're out of an S10/S15 Blazer

Oops...Just found out that they aren't...they're more likely out of an Acura Integra. Which is cool cuz they're really comfy.

- Christopher Robin
Old 05-31-2003, 07:16 PM   #14
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

nice find!!! i gota go junkyarding one of these days i hope i get lucky like you!

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 09:46 PM   #15
MSL

I went there today and didnt find jack man that place is picked. and anything that was once good was broke by someone not taking time to pull it off. what a shame.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:27 PM   #16
chevychic

Quote:
Originally posted by MSL
I went there today and didnt find jack man that place is picked. and anything that was once good was broke by someone not taking time to pull it off. what a shame.
You just have to walk in at the right time. So far I've been lucky. And if you go in enough, the guys start to know you a bit and know what you're looking for and will show you some non-picked over stuff that no one knows about

Like when I was there today, Jethro (he's the real tall guy...his name amazingly fits him) showed me a blazer that's in the other yard not to be picked and there's still some good stuff on it. Including a bumper that is in almost perfect condition. It's sitting waaaay back in a corner and probably will be for sometime. He knew I had gotten a bumper from them before but it had a couple of dents and thought I might be interested in this one instead.

I'm finding this with most of the auto supply places around here. After you've been in a few times and they get to know you they treat you really good. You just have to become a "regular" there. Now I can go into the pick n pull yard wanting something from the full service yard and can most likely walk away paying the u-pull prices depending on the part.

- Christopher Robin
Old 05-31-2003, 11:06 PM   #17
MSL

I have been going to action for years until i sold my last truck before this one. and they never had that part as a pick n pull i think ts cool but when i asked for stuff they didnt seem to eager to want to help. you must just get lucky since your a women. Im going to come hang with you when you go out so i can get lucky.LOL
Old 06-01-2003, 04:16 AM   #18
mike reeh
5 day ban, learn to behave.

nice find heather. around here it would cost $20 just to look at those seats in a junk yard. for a second I thought you forgot a zero on the price..

mike
mike reeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:57 PM   #19
Grim Reaper

Quote:

navybear: Benchseats are cool, but the thing I hate about them is not having the ability to move the seats independently or adjust the angle of the back. With my 5'0" frame, I need to have independently moving seats otherwise my passenger would end up with their knees in the dash if the benchseat could adjust that far up. As it is now, I have my benchseat as far up as possible AND I'm using a lumbar pillow just so I can see out the window. How sad is that? LOL
Hahaha My wife is 5ft as well, I'm 6ft1. We look like Lily and Herman munster LOL. We will never own a vehicle with a bench as a result. The thing I hate the most is her damn Honda Accord is I just about have to get on my Knees to reach the seat release to move it so I can get in.

Went out in the dark to run to the store one night. Honda last thing in the drivway. Fling the door open did't look to see if the seat was back. Spin around to fall into this little honda butt first (bad knees so low cars are tough on me). Hit the damn bolster wit my keister, lost my footing and went face first into the hedge LOL.

I stay the hell away from that Honda now.
Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote