The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Littlebuddy

Mechanic Needed near Longmont CO!!!!!!

Ok I am in need of a mechanic who knows thier way around a 350 and can make the dual tanks on my 83 switch from side to side. right now only the passenger side works. Heres the story on the engine, its a crate gm performance 350 with around 3000 miles on it. it worked great for about a week then the fit hit the shan. at start up I get a cloud of black smoke along with soot out of the passenger side exhaust. it will idle fine once its warm but in order to drive it i have to start out in first and shift my way up to drive
(just incase you didnt catch that its an automatic with the stock 700r4). overdrive is not an option, it will just backfire or stall if you give it gas, it does the same thing if you try to floor it in any gear, unless im at highway speed then it makes way to much noise goes nowhere fast and looks like a darn diesle, and at idle if i give it to much gas while still in park it will back fire ( im talking black crap coming out the carb) and stall. I am pretty sure that the carb is way out of tune and that the timing is also way off. Here is the kicker, I am currently deployed so I need someone who can work thru my dad for payment but talk to me about whats being done at the same time. I am trying to have this done by late Nov when i will be driving the truck back out to North Carolina. So if anyone can put me in touch with a real good shop or mechanic Round the Longmont/Boulder area, hell as long as they arent south of denver id be willing to try it, please let me know.
Semper Fi
1983 K10- GM performance 350 Edelbrock Air Gap Intake, 650 Carb & Adapter Plate. Rebuilt 700R4 with Corvette Servos. 6" suspension lift 35" Maxxis Buckshot Mud Terrains. Need to install- Vortex 12000LB winch, Tactical Armor Group wincher front bumper, high lift jack mounts, resse hitch Wants- Axles off a one ton, Rhino line the whole truck, More power and a magic fairy to fill my gas tank
Littlebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote