The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: wiring harness anyone used this

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeroadster View Post
I agree with 72lb4x4. If you look at these kits closer:

The Summit "Painless" kit is a 12 circuit specifically made for a Chevy/GMC Truck. Look at the photos in the above links. You will see this kit has items such as the dash lights, etc. pre-terminated so it's more of a plug and play harness. $414.95

The Jegs kit is a 18 circuit universal that you cut to fit. But it appears it has all the terminations you will need for custom gauges. It will not have the plugs you need if you are using a stock factory gauge cluster. $259.99

If there are modifications to your truck, such as different gauges, then the universal kit makes sense.

I hope this helps.
Personally I prefer to have the ability to cut and trim mine to fit. Just like I always buy spark plug wires, the "pre-fit" ones always seem to have too much excess wiring that ends up being a little tacky. It is just my opinion, but I do like doing a lot of the fit and finish stuff myself, I belive it comes out looking a lot nicer. I am fairly experienced with automotive electronics so I normally don't get too intimidated by it, and actually I enjoy it more often than not.

TheDark1: I will be doing a complete re-wire of my '65, and will post pics and info in my build thread. It may just be a while before I get that far.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote