The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
LennyGB53

Cab for patch panels

I'm about to swap cabs on my project. I have the rusty cab that is currently still on the truck. As soon as the donor is ready and we swap this one is going to scrap. If you want/need some patch panels or other C10 parts I have speak up soon. I have another ad listing most of the stuff I have. I didn't list some small items. I just found some factory seat belts and I'll get a picture on as soon as possible of them. Let me know what you want and I'll see if it's any good.
Attached Images

LennyGB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
bguild

Re: Cab for patch panels

I would take above the interior windsheild if the price is cheap and its not rusted.. Mine is trashed all along from door to door. How much with shipping to Kansas CIty Mo 64118?

Toys:
2014 Dodge Ram
1967 SHORTBED
bguild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
bguild

are the floors bad? My cab corners and rockers have been replaced but someone left the floor bad so I need the interior floors mainly below the cab vents and the gas pedal.

Toys:
2014 Dodge Ram
1967 SHORTBED
Old 09-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
projectjimmie68

how are the areas that the seat belt retracters bolt down on both sides including the curve corners of the floor? If they are good how much including shipping to zip 32136 thanks
projectjimmie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Steve-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectjimmie68 View Post
how are the areas that the seat belt retracters bolt down on both sides including the curve corners of the floor? If they are good how much including shipping to zip 32136 thanks

put it on ebay so people can bid for it, because I'm interested aswel
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
LennyGB53

I'll look over those areas tomorrow and figure shipping to 32316. I will need to be sure those areas are good for what you want.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #7
LennyGB53

I just went out and looked it over. The floors are rusted from front to rear near the rocker panel. The area above the windshield looks good except the area under the weather seal. Since I have cut the seal out if you look up from the bottom it is rusted with holes there. The panel part that shows for the mirror and visors is good from what I see. By the seat belt area and across by the tank it looks good. I would have to peal off the fiberglass patch to see how much metal is good and how much is bad. I suspect it is good immediately in front and behind it. I'll do more demolition tomorrow to ensure that it is good.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
dan42

Lenny, get some prices when you get a chance - thanks,
the staff
dan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #9
LennyGB53

Since I'm not sure what area and how much of it anyone would want pricing is difficult right now. I'll take $25 or an appropriate price depending on the area and size plus shipping and packaging costs. I do not try to ever make money on shipping. In fact there are times I lose money on it. Let me know what you want so I can be sure it's worth having and how much area you're interested in. Then I'll give you a better idea of the price. For the right price I'd sell the whole thing.
BTW, the doors are there but, the bottoms are bad and on the right door the screws for the latch are pushing through the door while I tried to get it out. Some areas of the door might be what you want however.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
LennyGB53

I just went out and peeled some of the "patch it to sell it" stuff on the floor board where the seat belts mount by the gas tank and the corner. They put a large metal patch over a large hole there Projectjimmie68. I apologize but, I should have figured it was bad without looking.

I do think the outer rockers and cab corners might be good. The back wall is good, some floor area in the middle, and some other areas. The roof has a bolt in the middle where they covered where the CB antenna used to be. Yes guys, I got taken to the cleaner on this one and I've learned to see it before you sign the check. I was spoiled since the Mustang I bought from just the pictures before this was better than expected.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
bguild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyGB53 View Post
I just went out and peeled some of the "patch it to sell it" stuff on the floor board where the seat belts mount by the gas tank and the corner. They put a large metal patch over a large hole there Projectjimmie68. I apologize but, I should have figured it was bad without looking.

I do think the outer rockers and cab corners might be good. The back wall is good, some floor area in the middle, and some other areas. The roof has a bolt in the middle where they covered where the CB antenna used to be. Yes guys, I got taken to the cleaner on this one and I've learned to see it before you sign the check. I was spoiled since the Mustang I bought from just the pictures before this was better than expected.

Keep your head up about the rust.. i made the same mistake with my first project.. I ended up selling it due to being in over my head.. Just bought another and has a little more rust than I thought.. I have learned now.. If you see rust.... double the amount of what you see and that is what you have once you really dig into it... and that is pretty accurate.. especially if its a midwest vehicle.

Toys:
2014 Dodge Ram
1967 SHORTBED
Old 09-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
LennyGB53

I know but, the Mustang that was so good was from WI and the seller was honest. He actually rebuilt airplanes and it was his first car. This truck was covered up, hidden damage and the ad was misleading, very misleading. I was stuck for two years until I met a guy through my son-in-law who loves '67 - '72 Chevy trucks. In fact he's the one that got me on this site. He does welding and body work. His last truck was worse than mine according to him and it looks great now. That gave me a way to make this one work. I had thought I was buying one that needed trimmed out. Now I guess I get to build one the way I want. Now to get rid of that 305... Everything on this truck has had something wrong, wired on or otherwise a problem. I've found so far that it was made from at least 5 different trucks. Most likely junk ones. I'm moving on now and getting rid of stuff I don't need.