The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
k5blazin

72 blazer on C.L. is no good!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/1945184333.html

I went 6.5 hours away to look at this blazer. not what he said it was and expandafoam everywhere! paint is terrible! floors are shot! exhaust sounds like a tractor! pics are deceiving dont be fooled.
k5blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
71swb4x4

Re: 72 blazer on C.L. is no good!

I hope you gave him a piece of your mind after driving 6.5 hours.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #3
1949gmc

Wow, that sucks ass. Those pics make it look sweet, too. Did he tell you over the phone how perfect it was? Good thing you didn't buy it sight unseen.
1949gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
masterbeavis
Having issues

Post a rebuttal/warning ad on craigslist, and have your buddies (us) start flagging it. I just did it. If enough people flag it, it will get yanked.

The Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
masterbeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
k5blazin

he sent all the right pics to make it look like a sweetheart. i am not one to diss other peoples things, i just didnt want anyone on the forum to get burnt like i did!
k5blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
masterbeavis
Having issues

8K for a rust bucket roach? You know what that expanding foam is for right?? Acting like a sponge and creating more cancer.... 8K will buy you a cherry CA ride for sure.

The Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
masterbeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #7
FoxHound

wow that would really piss me off sorry to hear it bro
Old 09-10-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
extd56

I have looked at plenty of trucks out here that looked good in the pictures and when I got there went home empty.
extd56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #9
k-nuts

Name of business is "Cars Under $1000" so to this guy maybe it was cherry.
k-nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #10
matthew79

Wow, everyone is ready to lynch this guy yet only one person here actually saw it in person. It seems the op's complaints are subjective. Bad paint? Sounds like a tractor? Well maybe the next guy thinks the paint is great and it sounds awesome. The pics are in broad clear daylight so it doesn't look to me like the seller is being sneaky. Sorry you were expecting a fully restored blazer for 8k...
Posted via Mobile Device
matthew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
red71cheyenne
Back in the sticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew79 View Post
Wow, everyone is ready to lynch this guy yet only one person here actually saw it in person. It seems the op's complaints are subjective. Bad paint? Sounds like a tractor? Well maybe the next guy thinks the paint is great and it sounds awesome. The pics are in broad clear daylight so it doesn't look to me like the seller is being sneaky. Sorry you were expecting a fully restored blazer for 8k...
Posted via Mobile Device
I think, and hope, that the OP's hope was that if someone was intending to spend 8K on a vehicle that they would not get their hopes up on this one. The repairs sound suspect on it and I think he was just hoping to keep someone from wasting their trip. How someone does their repairs is up to them, but I know most of us here have a little more exacting sense of how we want things done. Just my .02.
2011 K1500 Suburban
2014 K1500 Pickup
2008 Nissan Altima? The wifes' hoopty
red71cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
71Rat
ran out of money

i have gone to this guy on a few vehicles, he is maybe 30 mins from my house. Just my own experience but he is bad news! he does run a business out of his house labeled cars under $1,000 but its hard to find one under $1,000 and everything he has is junk. he also advertises himself as a home repair/handyman.

I think k5blazin (just from my impression) was trying to warn people of him.

Also this board is friendly enough, if someones going to make a long haul to look at a vehicle try to see if someone who lives closer can get some more pictures or information for you.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #13
1949gmc

I didn't read anywhere here where someone mentioned a lynching, but now that you mention it, people who try to pass a pile of crap off as a cherry ride should be lynched. I fell for someone's lies a number of years ago... my fault entirely for not being protective of my money, but I assumed that most folks were honest like I am. I missed that 'caveat emptor' episode of the Brady Bunch. It just means that buyers need to read between the lines... no rust for example, can mean many things... everything from 'no rust at all' to 'no rust that you can see', with more times than not the latter holding true. And the 'not being sneaky' pictures he took?? I like my pictures a little closer than 30 feet away. Anything farther away than 10 feet is reason for suspicion. Hell, my ass could look like Lady Gaga's from 30 feet away, but at 10 feet... its definitely just my ass.

The moral of the story is... For 8 grand, I wouldn't expect a fully restored Blazer, just a little freakin honesty. And those who can't be honest deserve to be ripped a new one.

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
1949gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #14
sharpie1972
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1949gmc View Post
i didn't read anywhere here where someone mentioned a lynching, but now that you mention it, people who try to pass a pile of crap off as a cherry ride should be lynched. I fell for someone's lies a number of years ago... My fault entirely for not being protective of my money, but i assumed that most folks were honest like i am. I missed that 'caveat emptor' episode of the brady bunch. It just means that buyers need to read between the lines... No rust for example, can mean many things... Everything from 'no rust at all' to 'no rust that you can see', with more times than not the latter holding true. And the 'not being sneaky' pictures he took?? I like my pictures a little closer than 30 feet away. Anything farther away than 10 feet is reason for suspicion. Hell, my ass could look like lady gaga's from 30 feet away, but at 10 feet... Its definitely just my ass.

The moral of the story is... For 8 grand, i wouldn't expect a fully restored blazer, just a little freakin honesty. And those who can't be honest deserve to be ripped a new one.
x2
sharpie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
matthew79

Red face Re: 72 blazer on C.L. is no good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1949gmc View Post
I didn't read anywhere here where someone mentioned a lynching, but now that you mention it, people who try to pass a pile of crap off as a cherry ride should be lynched. I fell for someone's lies a number of years ago... my fault entirely for not being protective of my money, but I assumed that most folks were honest like I am. I missed that 'caveat emptor' episode of the Brady Bunch. It just means that buyers need to read between the lines... no rust for example, can mean many things... everything from 'no rust at all' to 'no rust that you can see', with more times than not the latter holding true. And the 'not being sneaky' pictures he took?? I like my pictures a little closer than 30 feet away. Anything farther away than 10 feet is reason for suspicion. Hell, my ass could look like Lady Gaga's from 30 feet away, but at 10 feet... its definitely just my ass.

The moral of the story is... For 8 grand, I wouldn't expect a fully restored Blazer, just a little freakin honesty. And those who can't be honest deserve to be ripped a new one.
X3 I've always been too trustworthy of others and I guess my post showed that! I usually give people the benefit of the doubt which unfortunately has screwed me over too many times...
matthew79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:48 AM   #16
OARNGESI

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
the op also said expendafoam everywhere which i take as a cheap way to hide rust and the floors are shot which sounds like severe rust then the add says rust free so someone is lying or im confused and read wrong
OARNGESI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
1tonblaze

wow that sucks driving all that way lucky new jersey was only 5 hrs away and i paid $400 for just a tub that was in better shape rust wise but not body damage wise that probley in better shape then that truck sounds
1985 c20 chevy long bed , beater , on its way to a better place in pa from what the dmv told me
2010 kia forte koup 2.4 sx -over the river and threw the woods to the total lot it went .
1999 k1500 suburban 350 vortec 4l60e leather land yacht .
1tonblaze is offline   Reply With Quote