The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
drizzydrakerodgers

Is this truck worth it???

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/c...ct=4101&cat=13

The bed is basically trashed, and it sits on jackstands...Has some quality stuff on it.. No interior at all. Right door needs to be adjusted (it hangs up and rubs) guess that's not hard to fix.. The paint could be touched up but would probably be repainted since I will be putting a new bed..Is it worth 3,500?
drizzydrakerodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
PRattenbury

Re: Is this truck worth it???

3500 for everything, prolly.
PRattenbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Is like at a garage sale, some things sell fast, some things sit there and never sell during a 3 day event. Why is that? Well, the stuff that is priced right and considered a good deal, sells quickly. I'll leave it at that.
When the going gets tough, switch to power tools.
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

If it is still for sale and the paint is as nice as it looks, it's defiantly worth it. Price a "ggod" paint job and you wont get out the door for under 3k

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
Davidmichael

I know the guy got a lot of cash into it, but the second you buy a part and install it, it loose some of it's value. You can't just say I bought this for $xxx and it's still worth $xxx. The motor is not in running condition, so that's up in the air if it's OK. There is no interior, no wheels, no bed, needs a good paint job, and we all know the odds and ends needed. Now $3500 for everything, yeah maybe but IMO it would only be worth it to swap any and all the good stuff onto a truck you would already have. I am not trying to knock this guy at all. I understand where he is coming from, but $3000 for a roller in that condition...no way. And $5500 for everything he has, well I think that's too high but my other side says maybe not also. You are going to dump a ton of cash to make this thing look good. Again not hating or flaming, just stating my opinion.
81 8 foot bed made into a trailer
86 Suburban going to be made into a trailer
91 Suburban 4x4 = that's my baby
00 S10 Xtreme STD Cab
01 S10 ZR2

Last edited by Davidmichael; 09-22-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Davidmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
irishman999

This is strictly my opinion and wtf do i know? I would not pay over 1000 for it. there is a lot of good deals you can find and that pickup doesn't seem like a good deal. If I was after a really kick ass set of brakes I would say its worth it but im convinced the stock gm brakes work just fine. It comes down to what you want.
irishman999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #7
82swampthing

Its a chevy truck not a ram air iv gto, Totaly finished 100% that trucks maybe worth $7000 anyway. for $2,000 you can get truck in far better condition thats ready to drive.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
nbpro
Account Suspended

wish i had $5500 to put in to my ride
nbpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
drizzydrakerodgers

Good: 1,600 radiator
badass 400 sbc all rollered up with aluminum heads and stud girdle
Brand new eat my shift turbo 400 trans with 3800 stall.. all brand new
Brakes-says he has 3k in just brakes...(had them polished?)
New limited slip in box, with badass diff cover
New power window kit in box, Brand new Vent windows complete
All new body panels except for bed
Gm serpentine system
Belltech 5/7 drop
Fuel cell with bg filter

Bad: Will need either a new paint job or a lot of touching up.
Motor doesnt run
no wheels
no interior
bed is destroyed
no driveshaft

And 750 miles one way... I know if I were to build it from scratch I would be at this price at no time with just brakes and bare parts, much less alone a new engine and trans..

Last edited by drizzydrakerodgers; 09-22-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
irishman999

That motor sounds hot with a trans to back it up, Im still not convinced its worth 5k. My opinion is really bias since i've never been in the market for rear disk brakes or bigger front brakes on a chevy truck. I see awesome small blocks on craigslist all week long, some dude spends a ton of money to build a 383 stroker and suddenly needs 1000 bucks and has to sell the hunk of iron doing nothing for 1/3rd of whats in the motor. I have never seen a good deal on a brake system like that but im not completely convinced thats a good deal on brakes.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:24 AM   #11
scottsdaleowner75
Account Suspended

Not flaming but there is no way he's going to get an educated buyer for the price he's asking. Maybe some kids with a pocket full of dad's money but not someone who knows his way around these trucks is ever going to pay that. Way to many trucks out there that are more sound that that one. I'd pass.
scottsdaleowner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #12
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

I just spent $3250. for my 78 jimmy,certified,together,running,delivered 3 hours away.Too many if's,coulds,not enough running for me.(so then i can take it all apart)
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #13
drizzydrakerodgers

Thanks everybody, from what I here I should just pass it up.. Sad thing is I have a bed that I had professionally shaved everything with steel roll pan. And shaved lights and a smooth tailgate with tailgate handle on the inside..

Wasn't planning on building it right away, wanted to finish it slowly the way I want and spend some time with my little girl.. Just cant decide what to do.. Always gotten ahead by taking chances, btw I am not worried if its only worth so much.. I will keep this truck since my first was the same body style..

Thanks everybody for the input so much I appreciate it, Some reason I think this truck will be hot when its done!!!!

If I get it, will be frame off with new PB dropmemebers, (front and rear) one piece windows, new paint, nitro intro 22's, vintage air a/c unit..and a custom total interior, and also its built for 150 shot of NOS, either nos or Procharger.

Last edited by drizzydrakerodgers; 09-24-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #14
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsdaleowner75 View Post
Not flaming but there is no way he's going to get an educated buyer for the price he's asking. Maybe some kids with a pocket full of dad's money but not someone who knows his way around these trucks is ever going to pay that. Way to many trucks out there that are more sound that that one. I'd pass.
An educated buyer/builder that is looking to build something comparable to this will know what it took to get it to this stage....and will see the value in the parts that are on it....I'm aware that you'l NEVER get out of these trucks what you put into them, but I'm not just going to give it away either.

And how exactly do you know how "sound" this truck is? I've seen plenty of "nice" trucks sell cheap only to see them be torn down due to the fact that under that "pretty paint" and shiny wheels is a complete rust bucket. The bed is far from "trashed"...a ramp kicked up and bent the drivers side outter skin in front of the wheel well...any decent body guy could straighten it or re-skin it very easily. The rest of the truck is either original rust free panels or NOS GM parts...no LMC Chinese panels here...

I'm not sayin that it's a "DEAL"....but it's what I want out of it in order to let it go...and as much as I'd like not to pay the storage on it every month....I'm not so desperate that I'm gonna just hand the truck over to somebody for a little cash.

BTW...I've offered this to him....complete...everything that I have for it for $4000...
Old 09-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #15
spudz

I think the price is fair. The people who are saying its only worth half the asking must have NEVER had to build a stout motor before let alone build a truck.
2004 z71, 96 z71 on 38s, 88 Chevy k5 blazer, 4in lift. 84 swb project, 82 SWB project , 84 chevy 4x4 lwb project, 88 Jimmy beater/highschool ride. 79 c30. 99 tahoe 4x4 project. and a bunch of parts trucks..
spudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
Davidmichael

Now honestly, $4k for everything, That's a fair price for everything you are getting. (maybe a bit too fair for the buyer) Now my recommendation is to buy it.
81 8 foot bed made into a trailer
86 Suburban going to be made into a trailer
91 Suburban 4x4 = that's my baby
00 S10 Xtreme STD Cab
01 S10 ZR2
Davidmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #17
irishman999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidmichael View Post
Now honestly, $4k for everything, That's a fair price for everything you are getting. (maybe a bit too fair for the buyer) Now my recommendation is to buy it.
If your in the market for those brakes that would be an awesome deal. Before anyone is offended.... I would say if most people reading this came across 4 grand to spend on their truck how many people would drop it all into big brakes for a chevy truck?
Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #18
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishman999 View Post
If your in the market for those brakes that would be an awesome deal. Before anyone is offended.... I would say if most people reading this came across 4 grand to spend on their truck how many people would drop it all into big brakes for a chevy truck?
I agree...it's a niche market....

but this is really for someone that doesnt already have a truck but is looking to build one...straight 100% rust free truck, big brakes, brand new 421 sbc and TH400 tran plus boxes of brand new parts for $4000 is a helluva start IMHO....

...but then again it's my truck...so I'm a bit biased...

Last edited by Crush; 09-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #19
bigblock73
yeller

Can't believe all of you commenting on it's "value"...and basically stating it is overpriced and in a condition you have no comment to talk about unless you have seen it in person.

Buyers Code of Conduct 67-72chevytrucks.com

I. Do not lead sellers on. If you have no intention of purchasing an item, do not lead a seller to believe you are.

II. Make initial contact with the seller in the thread. Failure to make initial contact for parts you are interested in via the thread will result in account restrictions.

III.Keep in contact with the seller. Ensure you contact them when payment has been sent. Failure to contact seller within 48 hours of posting you will purchase the item will forfeit purchasing rights.

IV.Ask the seller for details and pictures of the item you are purchasing, to help ensure a smooth transaction.

V. Keep a fair timeframe for sending payment. Two weeks is the standard. If the seller chooses to give less or more time, it will be stated clearly in the ad. If you have not sent payment in that amount of time, the item will go to the next inline, or be relisted.

VI.If you do not like the price of an item, look further. Comments on value, condition etc will not be tolerated.

VII.If you have a problem with a seller, contact that forums Administrator. Do not bring the problem into the forums.

VIII.Please use the Review Forum for all comments after the transactions are completed.

Last edited by bigblock73; 09-24-2010 at 02:53 PM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 PM   #20
irishman999

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
Can't believe all of you commenting on it's "value"...and basically stating it is overpriced and in a condition you have no comment to talk about unless you have seen it in person.[/I]
Everyone responded to the original question asked. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. to the average Joe like myself spending 5 grand on a truck with kick ass brakes and a built engine does not seem like an awesome deal. Everyone has different ideas for their project and we were just stating our opinion.

The truck looks really nice in the pictures and im sure its even nicer in person. If your going to build a show truck and run wheels that show the calipers and big rotors its a value to you. For the rest of us with projects we drive daily who are after the most bang for our buck this does not seem like a value.

On the other hand if your after a high end truck you can show this deal would be worth it. The truck looks great and there is alot of cash already in it.