The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
wyattglock

Had a good offer today..

No this isn't what you would think from the title of it! I was talking to a guy at work that has 6 square bodies, and he offered to sell me a manual trans w/205 transfer case and the crossmember. He also offered to sell me a set of axles for my 1 ton to convert it to a 4wd. The front axle was a Dana 60, and the rear was a 14 bolt. If they already have 4.10 I would probably keep the Dana 70HD I already have. The best part is he offered them for a total of $1300! I think I will be saving some money and getting on that!
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Bishops Trucks
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'

Re: Had a good offer today..

Sounds like a grat deal if everything is in working order. You better jump fast.

'71 Cheyenne Z71 / LT1 & 4-Speed SWB K/10 Father/Son Project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l689JKXPnA
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php
"LIVIN' FREE FOREVER"
Bishops Trucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
wyattglock

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. My biggest hangup is finding a shop with the space to work on it. So far everything I have done to my truck has been done on my driveway. I definitely need to put some serious thought into this one.
wyattglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #4
dccarpenter

That sounds like a good deal, I have a chance to get a np205 and a sm465 manual transmission for my 1 ton dually 2wd as well, I'm considering it...was thinking of changing the transmission/adding the transfercase/shortening rear drive shaft first. Then in the next stage do the suspension work to the front and rear. Then as a 3rd stage add the driveshaft for the front to get that working. Assuming that the np205 could run ok without the front driveshaft connected to it(which I'm told it would) I think it'd be a plan that could work and would let me keep my truck driveable while I did each step.

It's either that or I'm ordering an Eaton E-locker and buying a set of snow tires as well as some snow-claws for quick attachment, I got stuck 4 times last summer and just had to call out of work twice because the 2wd dually couldn't do it. I'm determined not to let this happen again this winter.
dccarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #5
Davidmichael

I got a sm465/np205 combo sitting in my garage right now. I am trying to get a guy to come and buy it, but I am only asking $150 for them. Around here, that's what they are going for in the junk yards. Also a front end, maybe will go for $300 to $800 depending on condition/ratio. So all in all, I think you are getting a good deal.
81 8 foot bed made into a trailer
86 Suburban going to be made into a trailer
91 Suburban 4x4 = that's my baby
00 S10 Xtreme STD Cab
01 S10 ZR2

Last edited by Davidmichael; 09-30-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Davidmichael is offline   Reply With Quote