The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-03-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
sysock

77 c-10 lowing kits?

kinda new to the site, hoping to get some help on my truck. i want to lower my truck, and ive been looking at drop spindles and drop shackles, i was looking at either lowering it 2.5 inches or 3 inches. i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice one what looks good maybe some sites i can get a decent price on some lowering kits. maybe some pictures of a few trucks with a nice drop to it.

thanks alot
chris
sysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:15 AM   #2
mrnize

Re: 77 c-10 lowing kits?

WElcome to the forum. So ill shed some light on this as I just finished my lowering job, of course i went with the "extreme" kit. Here is a link to the site I bought from, http://www.performancesuspension.com...ring-kits.html

Would I buy from them again? Yes, am I satisfied paying them a buncha money, yes. Are the parts of quality, yes, Do you have good customer service? Yes, from the million times I called them they were very helpful...

Now to shed the light.... Be prepared to replace stuff. Its one of those things, that your already there so you may as well do it. Do not short cut yourself, if you see that it needs to control arm bushings... take care of her, and replace them etc etc etc

Your description of how low you want is basic, You can get that with spindles, and rear lowering shackles and removing any helper leafs. Just be sure that you will be happy with that minute of a lowering job.. I have read and read and read too many people just not satisfied with little lowering jobs. Here is a pic of my truck, lowered 6.5 front and rear is 7 inchs. Now its a little extreme, but if you like it enough ull go with it

Good luck!

Last edited by mrnize; 10-03-2010 at 03:15 AM.
mrnize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

Welcome to the site.
a 2/4 drop will level your truck. The rear is ~2" higher than the front.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:27 AM   #4
sysock

deff not gonna short cut anything. although im on a budget build kinda thing. ive been doing some looking around and i was looking into the 6 inch flip kit for the rear and possible the 3inch spindle drop in the front.

i was looking at the pictures of all the 77-83 long box trucks and i saw a truck on there that was lowered to a stance that i like and thats pretty much how he did his.

but thanks for the help, the truck looks pretty sick. where did you get the hood from? something else im looking at as well.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
gchemist
BAD BOW-Silverado XST

The lest expensive kits are available at http://www.sporttruckdirect.net/, www.jcwhitney.com, www.summitracing.com.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
sysock

ive been looking around on summit and jcwhitney. i can probably make the flip kit, its a pretty straight forward design and wouldnt take much to fab up. ill prolly just buy the drop spindles and new springs and shocks for the front.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
mrnize

hood was bought from LMC. Too much money but the hood i had was destroyed so I needed a new one.
mrnize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
nbpro
Account Suspended

have a look at NORCAL SS
nbpro is offline   Reply With Quote