The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #26
MONTE

Re: Truck won't start

Thanks for the help. It was split in 3 places. Going to run a new wire from the bulkhead connector to the dizzy.
MONTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #27
DaSchlange

Alright, I would like to keep this thread going, lol... I have the exact same problem, however I have done everything here and it hasn't fixed it yet. I connected the distributor directly to the battery and have secured all of my grounds. I cannot however, get fire out of the distributor. I know this because I took a plug wire off and it wouldn't fire. I tried to make it spark off the block and hooked up a voltage meter as well...nothing what-so-ever. Sooo.....bad coil?

Here is exactly what happened:

I was cleaning out this new truck and decided that since the tach wasn't working, I'd just rip it out. Turns out it was just hooked up wrong. But that shouldn't matter right? I also left the the key in "On" position instead of accessories. Does that hurt the coil or anything else? Please help! lol
DaSchlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #28
yob2kanobe

Cheers Monte!
As for you DaSchlange, I suspect a bad coil, also disconnect the tach wire entirely for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTE View Post
Thanks for the help. It was split in 3 places. Going to run a new wire from the bulkhead connector to the dizzy.
yob2kanobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #29
DaSchlange

Yeah I think it is, cause I took it all off and brought it into my room to make sure I got the right parts and now it smells like burnt metal in here...
DaSchlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #30
MONTE

Little more to my story. While trying to figure out why I wasn't getting fire to the dizzy I decided to take the module off and have it tested. Well they tested it and it was bad, so they give me another one. I tell them to test it and bingo it was also bad. I had to go to another store and get one. Two modules from the autoparts store that were bad. Lucky for me you guys told me what to do next. New wire from bulkhead connector to dizzy and problem solved.
Posted via Mobile Device
MONTE is offline   Reply With Quote