The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
mwilliams5891

converting low hump to high hump

so i have another cab going on my 69 c/10 and the new one is a low hump. when i took up the carpet on my old one it looked like they made it a high hump by just cutting out the old hump and bolting on a high hump. is that how you do it? well anyway when i put on the new cab i will be putting in my 327 and TKO 500 so i do need a high hump right?

thank again everyone. ill take photos of the old cab where it looks like they added the high hump
mwilliams5891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
harrdawg54

Re: converting low hump to high hump

I don't know enough about your setup to know if a high hump is required, however, converting to a high hump is as easy as cutting out to low hump, lining up the high hump to mark the bolt holes, drill the holes, weld on some nuts on the underside (not required, but makes things easier later) and installing the hump. I did this on my cab, it took about 20 minutes, but the cab was off the truck and easy to access the underside of the floor.
harrdawg54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
69 longhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams5891 View Post
so i have another cab going on my 69 c/10 and the new one is a low hump. when i took up the carpet on my old one it looked like they made it a high hump by just cutting out the old hump and bolting on a high hump. is that how you do it? well anyway when i put on the new cab i will be putting in my 327 and TKO 500 so i do need a high hump right?

thank again everyone. ill take photos of the old cab where it looks like they added the high hump
I converted to a high hump when I put the Richmond in my old longhorn. I dont think you will have an issue with the trans, but more about where the shifter sits(in the middle & high). At any rate, to switch to the high hump, You need to get the bolt out (high hump), set it on the floor, & draw the lines around it , mark your holes , ect). if you need more lenght , be aware that the I6 & the 4x4 trucks set the engine back 3 1/2" from the factor sb spot(the hump will be longer)....you will see 2 stamped lines in the floor @ the rear for cut out...again make sure you have the proper hump, before you cut the floor crazyAl
Old 10-30-2010, 01:45 AM   #4
mwilliams5891

ok so i think that is exactly what the previous owners must have done because it looks just like you guys described and it doesn't sound bad so i will figure out what i need and get it done....so who makes the humps? anything to look for? besides making sure i get the right one
mwilliams5891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
69 longhorn

You might try looking on the parts board, or parts yards....i dont think anyone is producing new pcs. crazyAl