The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-08-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
bigblackcat

60 burban quarter panels

So I found this 60 carryall/suburban and it needs front and rear outer and inner quarter panels. Does anybody make these replacment panels? It also needs the front inner pinch panels for the door openings and the upper inner panels for the door openings. I'm wondering if i should pass on this project and find another body (I really want a 1960) but it seems all these suburbans are going to have some type of rust issue.
bigblackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #2
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 60 burban quarter panels

The outer quarter patch panels for the short bed fleetsides should work with a little extra work. This is what I've bought for mine, I just haven't installed them yet. The inner quarter panels will have to be made. As for the rockers and door jambs, the pickup rockers will work. If it needs any thing above the rockers, those will have to be made. Yes it is difficult to find the suburbans or panels that don't need some sort of body panel replacement.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #3
collins10672

there used to be a company in ohio that made the lower rear front and rear quarter panel sections for the suburbans and panel trucks,but they have been long discontinued and they also made the sections for the short bed fleetside and they have been discontinued also.they still are currently making the long fleetside quarter patch panels.i have looked at these panels from vendors at car shows and they are well stamped and are the same gauge steel as original.you might be able to splice sections from the long fleet side patches into your suburban.good luck
collins10672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
jonzcustomshop
1961 crewcab

might be worth your $$ and time to find a better one to start with, check out this guy in kalispell montana, 2 63's and a 60...
he's probably 10 - 12 hours awary from you, I'm 8 from seattle, and kalispel is 1-2 from me.
http://montana.craigslist.org/cto/2042101826.html
jonzcustomshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
KIC
1960 GMC Burb

The guy doing a lot of my body work and paint is a master at fabrication. My 60 Burb is at his place. (Check out my build thread at bottom of post) He could definitely fabricate what you need by using my 60 as a mold to match.

If your interested PM me and I will give you his phone #. I have watched him build complete bodies of rare sports cars using rusted originals as his examples. Cars he has done metal restoration/rebuilds on have sold in the past for record prices. ( I love to watch him work)

60 Burb Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1960+Suburban

60 to 66 Burbs only Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=burbs
2003 Tahoe LT
KIC is offline   Reply With Quote