The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
zac

Trans temp gauge

OK, I'm putting a trans cooler (th400) in my '79 K20. It seems the right place to put the gauge sender would be at the cooler. At the inlet or outlet? If you've done this, how exactly did you do it, meaning what kinds of fittings, etc? And where to put the gauge? It seems that blank spot on the left side of the panel would be good. Any chance GM put a factory gauge in that would look right? Thanks.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
timjt

Re: Trans temp gauge

I had my transmission rebuilt and I think the guy screwed us over and gave us another case (not mine) but it seems to be running ok after I drowned it in seabreeze valve cleaner however there is a hole drilled in the top of the transmission about three inches away from the overflow hole and someone said it may have been from an aftermarket temerature gauge....? the oil keeps shooting out of it and as I speak Im waiting for the jbweld to dry so I can stick it back in my truck and see if its leaking anywhere else
timjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
HOGDADDY

Re: Trans temp gauge

I have a B&M deep pan on my 700r4 it came with a bung hole for sender. I even bought a gauge and sender is in place but have yet to mount the gauge.

Last edited by HOGDADDY; 11-16-2010 at 08:59 PM.
HOGDADDY is offline   Reply With Quote