The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2010, 04:18 AM   #1
darkone

THE FIRST Green MAHOGANY TRIMMED 70 CHEV

Hey all, ive been workin on my 70 chevy c20 for the last few months now and am just about ready for paint. its kind of a pivotal point in the color choosing now and i am torn but cant find any examples of trucks where people have tried to go the same route i am considering. first let me say i have turned the 70 grill style to the 71-72 style. the bed is a long bed stepside.

I am considering doing a mahogany wood bed, as well as interior trim. I cannot find jack for wood trim inside any of these older chevy trucks. i want to do a wood dash pad, wood gas tank cover, wood trim in the doors & possibly wood interior handles if i can find something that will work & look nice trimmed out.

Has anyone ever seen this done in a truck, or better yet, does anyone have pictures of a example? Anyone think of any other colors that might go well with a beautiful dark rich glossy wood grain besides green? Green, natural wood, and lots of chrome. i keep hearing people tell me green will be gay, but i want to open this one up to opinions. any input & pics much appreciated. thanks!
darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: THE FIRST Green MAHOGANY TRIMMED 70 CHEV

A board member and friend that lives near me has a '68 truck with the dash pad and arm rests made of wood.As I recall,those pieces are glued-up from two contrasting woods giving a striped appearance.I have veneered walnut onto the instrument bezel and glovebox door and wanted to do that on the ('72) door panels,but never did.Another guy I know did real wood veneer in his interior as well as on all the exterior moldings in place of the vinyl on his show truck.I like wood accents and would like to see you go through with your plan.What a nice custom touch to bring the wood from the bed floor to the interior.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote