The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
mod58

camaro headers

Anyone running camaro headers on a 4x4?I know they work on c-10's but will they clear the rear shackles on a k-10.I want a set that doesn't hang down to much below the frame rail.Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
mod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
76stepsidechevy

Re: camaro headers

I just took a set off my 76 K10 for that reason. I'd have to guess they were for a camaro but the only markings on them was mr. gasket... poor truck was put together with a new goodwrench 350 and every useable scrap part laying around to get it in the truck. They hit the shackles and the pass side collector aimed pretty much right at the tranny crossmember. It had some junk exhaust on it that was rotten and I couldn't find a new bolt on setup that fit those headers so I finally bit the bullet and bought some new hookers.
76stepsidechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
mod58

Going to give the #68278 Hedmen elite's a try,Looks like the collecters are longer and will be past the shackle,hope they will work!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
76stepsidechevy

nice. The hooker 2453 headers I just put on have a smaller collector and sit higher and are a bit longer so they clear the shackles much better. Only issue I ran into was the spring for the clutch had to be moved but that really wasn't a big deal. One I removed the old junk headers I found someone had dented one of the primaries pretty good to clear the drivers side motor mount pretty good too, the new ones cleared with no issues. If you're buying new parts why not get the ones made for the truck ? is there something better about the car headers ?
76stepsidechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
mod58

All the truck headers I have seen drop down below the frame right at the rear shackle and point down on an angle.I want them to shoot strait back. Plus the camaro headers have longer primary's.Should have them by wendsday.