The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
69C10@16

Bucket Seat Repair

Hey guys,

My 99 GMC driver side bucket broke on me about a year ago. Its an electric seat. The front right side of the seat is about 5 inches lower than the left unless i move the whole seat down all the way and then i feel like im gonna slide out of the dang thing cuz its leaned so far forward. I slapped a set of manual seats in it but they sit different and i really want to fix my electric ones. does anyone know where a guy could pick up a repair kit for the rail system on the bottom side of these seats? Its extremely hard to describe what broke. I'll get some pics this afternoon so you can see what I mean. Dont have the seats here right now.
69C10@16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
MattA

Re: Bucket Seat Repair

The seat adjusters sometimes break at the piviot. You may be able to reweld it. Replacement elect adjusters can be pretty expensive.

Last edited by MattA; 12-10-2010 at 03:19 PM.
MattA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
treslados

Cool Re: Bucket Seat Repair

My 99 Silverado did the same thang.. The left side bracket broke, right at the pivot point. Only the right side raises up..

Luck via Craigslist provided a spare driver seat from Tahoe, electric minus the heat and electric lumbar.

Same color leather. Bolted right up!

Since having a heated seat is like, super cool inda winter, eventually the brackets will be exchanged / swapped. Until then it's manual adjust lumbar and no heat.
treslados is offline   Reply With Quote