The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
r6ring59

Cool oem/nos gmc parts

I am looking for some places to buy original oem/nos 1970 gmc. parts. Is there any places anyone could recommend? I just had a young kid take out the front bumper , grille, and scrape down the whole passenger side of my sierra grande pickup. In an auto accident. Thanks

Last edited by r6ring59; 11-22-2010 at 10:30 PM.
r6ring59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: oem/nos gmc parts

I don't know of any place that has n.o.s. GMC parts in stock.Good used OEM parts are out there,but again,I don't know a source that specializes.Grilles come up from time to time in the parts forum.I've never seen a n.o.s. grille or bumper for sale anywhere in the last 10 years.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
71sierragrande
Petroleum User

Im unaware of any, hence the upswing of repop parts companies. Keep your eye out for part outs or full trucks online, although you will probably have to travel. If you are willing to travel, check out tnchev.com, he has a bunch in Knoxville. I am personally against putting foreign stuff on my truck, but its tough to do. Good luck in your search, and keep it AMERICAN!
71sierragrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
Spoof

In the event you don't find NOS, and I think you'll eventually have to accept it is unlikely to happen, esp. If you want your truck fixed soon, repro IS an option. My GMC has its entire front clip, except the hood done in repro parts. It took some work on the part of the body shop, fitment is never easy and I can't vouch for the longevity of the chrome...but it looks absolutely fantastic.
I was impressed with the out of the box look and feel of *most* of the repro products and the end result is far better than I could have imagined.
I'm a picky sob and I'd do it all again, I would just be sure to have a patient professional do the fitment.