The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-25-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
Matt300ZXT

Got me some truck workin' tools for Christmas

Well I got a couple tools I had been wanting for Christmas this year that'll help me do some work on my 54, once it warms up outside. Got my a 4.5" angle grinder so I can slap a cutting disc on it and chop out what's left of the floor pans and have my friend weld in some flat steel to make new floors. I'd rather have an actual OEM pan with the seat riser on it but those are about $500-600, and I can't afford that, so looks like I'll just be getting some flat metal in place and maybe some seats from a late model S10 or Silverado or something and using brackets to make them work.

I also got a 7" polisher/buffer/sander so I can hit the body panels I've got and knock the surface rust and old paint off so they'll be smooth and clean for spraying whatever type of paint I put on it. I can also use it on my SC400 and get a nice smooooooth finish with some polishing compound to knock out clearcoat scratches/swirls and get it smoothed out for polish. The old Wen polisher doesn't rotate very fast so it's not really doing much for knocking out scratches.
Matt300ZXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
Kim57

Re: Got me some truck workin' tools for Christmas

Sounds like Santa was good to you.
I know what you mean about original floors costing a ton. I made my own out of some 16gauge. I'm not doing a restoration so it's no big deal to me.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote