The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
71enthusiast

Unhappy blinker prob

Here recently i ran into a problem with my right blinkers, but my left one worked just fine? So i replaced the flasher for my blinkers and that somewhat seemed to halfway fix the problem. Here is what i have going on, every one of my lights work when i turn them on but when i put on the left turn signal my front right running light wont blink it will either stay lit up with all the lights on or it will stay unlit if the running lights are on and my right blinker is on. My side lamp will blink and my tail lights will blink but thats the only thing that will, and every light works perfectly like it is supposed to on the left side.
I checked my grounds and they were all fine and my switch still works good. Any help or advice is appreciated!
71enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
68gmsee

Location: Centrally located between Houston, Austin and Waco. BCS area.
Re: blinker prob

This may seem far fetched, but go to the local auto parts store and pick up a package of ground straps from the miscellaneous parts aisle. You still could have grounding issues. Old bolts and dirt grime through the years have deteriorated these connections.

Here's what I did:

Checked and cleaned the existing grounds from the battery to the engine and the back of the engine to the cab. I even installed another one from the engine to the frame.

Installed ground straps from the battery to the radiator support and
frame to the rear bed.

Last edited by 68gmsee; 01-03-2011 at 04:55 PM.
68gmsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #3
vectorit
What?

Re: blinker prob

I have the same problem... For some reason I have a weak ground to that bucket.

Take a long wire and crimp an alligator clip to each end, clip one end to the tail light bucket and the other end to the negative terminal on your battery. Test, and see if it works properly.

In my case I am able to make the light and blinker work correctly, just by adding a ground wire from the back of the bucket to the body.

I need to make this right, but I am so tired of electrical bugs these days.

(I have new clean ground straps everywhere one was placed by the factory along the frame and engine, plus I have added additional ground straps on top of all that).
vectorit is offline   Reply With Quote