The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2003, 12:36 PM   #26
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

classic car insurance is for cars 25-30 years old or older depending on the state. It limits the mileage of the car and it has demands on it that you MUST keep the car garaged sometimes they expect you to trailer it if you show it , and they require restored photos of it and they do come inspect the vehicle regularly.here in NJ the limits are 2000 miles a year
I have an insurance company that doesnt mind older cars and i think i pay like $400 a year for insurance on my 86 and the 76 ive yet to do anything about even getting a 72 that resembles a truck ( ive got a cab in the garage and thats it )
to me classic car stuff is too much of a PITA

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:00 PM   #27
boataddict26

I live in the country so the 2000 miles per year would not work for me. I could do that in a couple months just goin to town and back!!LOL!! So I guess I wont go with the classic car. Full coverage sound good enough.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:16 PM   #28
SCOTI

Try Haggertys(sp?)Collectors insurance. My buddy Roger has it on his pro-street mustang, but you have to have another minimally covered vehicle to drive everyday. You get the policy for a set amount, & if they are supposed to check the milage, they don't on his. It sets him back about 250/yr.

I pay 400/yr for minimal liability only on my beater 68 & they wanted to double that amount to insure both the 68 & the 74 (yet,only I can drive them, & I haven't learned how to drive 2 different trucks @ once) so I asked them if there's a limit on the # of times you can change vehicles on a policy . . .... no limits . . .... so I just switch the policy back & forth whenever I switch trucks ( I made sure they had an office close to home/work).

Once I get the 74 where I can drive it everyday & put the wheels, stereo, interior, & motor/trans I'll prob go w/Haggertys on it.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 07:25 PM   #29
boataddict26

Do you know if they have a web site?
Old 06-26-2003, 10:04 AM   #30
SCOTI

www.hagerty.com
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 03:18 PM   #31
PHOENIX

Because Phoenix has a very high car theft rate and my zip code is very bad for car theft and none insured drivers my insurance is high. I am 22 with a perfect record, no tickets and no wrecks. I pay about $90 a month (I only have my 83 c10) for minimum insurance + bodily harm to me and my passenger if the other driver is not insured. Bodily harm is 25k per accident and only includes me and one passenger. If I get into a wreck and its my fault I am screwed, they will not cover any damage to my truck. If I get into a wreck and the other driver is not insured, I am screwed here too. The only way I can get into a wreck and get my truck fixed is if the other driver is at fault and has insurance. I priced full coverage and it was like $300+ a month. I priced a new car and it was atleast $400+ a month. I need to get into a different zip code to save myself some money.

The fact that insurance companies can legally discriminate against people makes me angry. I pay high insurance because I am a young male in a bad area, thats bull ! I have never gone a day without car insurance, but I have been going for awhile now without health insurance. The insurance companies make crazy money off this business and I think the government needs to step in and get this under control. Good people are screwed daily for following the law. We pay for those who dont, that is wrong.
If you do not have insurance then your car should be taken on the spot and auctioned, to help people who have gotten hurt in none insured accidents. You should loose your DL for 5 years if you get caught with no insurance....... RIDE A FRICKIN BIKE!

Thanks for the links, I plan to check more insurance companies.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:06 PM   #32
boataddict26

Thanks for the link.
That sux Phoneix!! If I were you I would be moving!!