The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #26
John Gilbert

Re: I drove Reggie Jackson's '68 C10 yesterday

Yeah, it really has been a dream job. The only problem is the publishers know this, and figure you'd probably do the job for free. So its never been a job that paid well in comparison to real jobs like Burger King, or hanging out in front of Home Depot.

For you guys that would like to try a hand at it, send Reader's Rides pictures to any of the truck magazines with a short story. The odds are good it will get published I know they're always looking for Reader's Rides, with a good story they can quote.
John Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #27
John Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by basemodel67 View Post
I don't think the guy on the bike is burnin' gas, but he looks like he has gas that would burn the bicycle seat!

I know how fond you magazine guys are of roach-coach burritos and chili dogs!
I ain't naming names, but trust me there's some magazine editors you'd never want to get caught in an elevator with. Especially after a cabbage burrito with a deviled-egg milkshake.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #28
basemodel67
Factory Strippers Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Gilbert View Post
I ain't naming names, but trust me there's some magazine editors you'd never want to get caught in an elevator with. Especially after a cabbage burrito with a deviled-egg milkshake.
I know the type... the ones that make you feel like you got nasal herpes and skunk juice mouthwash at the same time.

67 Chevy Short Fleet

PLAN: LQ9, 4L60, D60

Looking for School Bus Gauges - Help me out!
basemodel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

LOL! Tailgate,wasn't that a T&A mag that had trucks? If you want to go back,remember PV4 (Pickup,Vans,& 4wds)? I've been a truck nut for many years,like longer than there were truck mags. I'd go nuts when a car mag had a truck in it. I still have that '71 R&C issue with the black w/flames Stepside on the cover. I always thought it would be cool to work for a magazine because I like to write,take pictures,and am detail oriented. But,have mostly lived on the wrong coast .

That '68 is B-A-utiful! I just had to wonder why the chassis wasn't cleaned up. Was he concerned about splattering up the original engine compartment,etc? Maybe it just comes down to being 100% unmolested,even down to original build up.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #30
Hart_Rod

Quote:
After driving Reggie's '68 yesterday I'm here to tell you guys that not only the mileage is original, but the truck is the nicest driving '67-72 C10 I've ever driven!

Jim Aust: You wondered about the radio? Its out to replace the speaker cone.

The chrome hubcaps are listed on the spid. The power steering was added by Reggie with all original parts. A good call, I'd say.

I'm writing a '67-72 C10 Spotter's Guide for the April issue of Custom Classic Trucks. There's a lot I don't know about these trucks, I'll be on here a bunch in the next couple of weeks asking for help, I'm sure.

Sweet looking truck! What else does Reggie have in his collection??? I'm looking forward to reading the guide. I've got one that was published about 5-6 years ago that gave some good information on a lot of the "currently" hard to find options. Make sure you don't forget to include the really hard to find Suburban Super Cheyenne option.....
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

My uncle had three of those

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #32
faribran

you guys could be comedians...... thatz some funny stuff.... nice 68.
i really liked SPORT TRUCK.......
Old 01-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #33
jce4isu

i met reggie at a mecum auction a few years ago supper nice guy nice cars to i belive he had 5-6 cars at the sale
jce4isu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:13 PM   #34
northerngmc

Yeah I can see why nobody liked Tailgate Magazine!

I don't really like mini trucks anymore either!

Or chopped tops!

BTW congrats on getting to drive a real piece of history.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
http://www.members.tripod.com/P-wee/index_032.htm

1.61803 is one H of a lot better than 3.14159, no really it is!
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #35
CircusWagonJim

Because trucks are cool and girls have cooties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerngmc View Post
Yeah I can see why nobody liked Tailgate Magazine!
CircusWagonJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #36
brad_man_72
the boat guy

Quote:
After driving Reggie's '68 yesterday I'm here to tell you guys that not only the mileage is original, but the truck is the nicest driving '67-72 C10 I've ever driven!
it's a shame I didn't let you drive my 67 in kc a couple of years ago :p "the best working truck" trophy is still in the center of my mantle, thanks john.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #37
leddzepp

I would rather look at chicks than a product being showcased in a magazine. For instance, "How to install a CPP C-Notch" I do not need a magazine article to explain it, don't it come with instructions? I like articles for the "do-it-yourselfer", just like John wrote up recently about changing door locks, vent window handles, etc.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #38
John Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad_man_72 View Post
it's a shame I didn't let you drive my 67 in kc a couple of years ago :p "the best working truck" trophy is still in the center of my mantle, thanks john.
Hey man, how are you doing? Wow, after seeing me pull up at the Sonic fresh from the airport in a rental car with smoke pouring out of it, and you'd still consider letting me drive your '67, that's brave!

You're welcome, and thank you.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:34 PM   #39
Hart_Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
I would rather look at chicks than a product being showcased in a magazine. For instance, "How to install a CPP C-Notch" I do not need a magazine article to explain it, don't it come with instructions? I like articles for the "do-it-yourselfer", just like John wrote up recently about changing door locks, vent window handles, etc.
Have you seen the instructions of the CPP C-notch install?????

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #40
John Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
I gotta tell you about door locks and wind wings, I've been afraid of that kind of stuff because it usually went about as good as repairing my mom's toaster when I was a kid... badly. My dad was the first one to use it after my modifications, an it almost electrocuted him.

I faced my fears when I did that article, and everything went really great, and I hope it helped some of you guys. Don't buy the magazine, the story is on CCT's website in the tech section.

And hey, thanks for the feedback... On Tailgate, and CCT.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #41
brad_man_72
the boat guy

Quote:
Hey man, how are you doing? Wow, after seeing me pull up at the Sonic fresh from the airport in a rental car with smoke pouring out of it, and you'd still consider letting me drive your '67, that's brave!

You're welcome, and thank you.
I'm positive my truck has seen worse. Last year at the nats I drove blindfolded while bobbo navigated while pulling a boat full of people. My truk wasn't built to sit on a shelf.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
Old 01-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #42
John Gilbert

Quote:
I'm positive my truck has seen worse. Last year at the nats I drove blindfolded while bobbo navigated while pulling a boat full of people. My truk wasn't built to sit on a shelf.
Yeah, and I know when you say a "boat load" you're talking about a real boat!
Old 01-20-2011, 08:53 PM   #43
John Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
LOL! Tailgate,wasn't that a T&A mag that had trucks? If you want to go back,remember PV4 (Pickup,Vans,& 4wds)? I've been a truck nut for many years,like longer than there were truck mags. I'd go nuts when a car mag had a truck in it. I still have that '71 R&C issue with the black w/flames Stepside on the cover. I always thought it would be cool to work for a magazine because I like to write,take pictures,and am detail oriented. But,have mostly lived on the wrong coast .

That '68 is B-A-utiful! I just had to wonder why the chassis wasn't cleaned up. Was he concerned about splattering up the original engine compartment,etc? Maybe it just comes down to being 100% unmolested,even down to original build up.
Yeah, Tailgate was a T&A magazine with a truck problem.

Working for a magazine is fun right up to finding out your girlfriend's son makes more money than you, and he didn't go to college... On the other hand what am I complaining about, that picture of the girl in the pink bikini? I took that while I was in Dallas visiting a girl that was way too pretty to be around me. The girl in pink bikini was one of her girlfriends... I love Texas!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM   #44
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

John, nice to see you on here as much as you have been lately!

now start planning NOW to come back to KC next year!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #45
brad_man_72
the boat guy

hey john will you be attending the grand national roadster show next weekend in pomona? I will! Sorry the boat and truck won't be there.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #46
special-K
Special Order

I'm with Leddzepp,I'd rather read instructions on how to install something on those Gidgets. Oh darn...sheesh.That ain't even right,man. Strike that. I'm s'poda know that by now. I really meant to say I'd like to read about more one-off touches,like those that don't come with instructions. Shoot,that sounds like I'm back to the girls again. Seems to be the way,huh?

Tim

Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #47
John Gilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb-1 View Post
John, nice to see you on here as much as you have been lately!

now start planning NOW to come back to KC next year!!!
Hey thanks, it's nice to hear that. I have to be careful though, as anyone that ever read the first 21 issues of Tailgate knows, my writing style can get way out there. I'd hate to get thrown off this board for being an idiot.

I would love to make it to KC for the All-Truck Nats again, I think its my favorite show. It's all depends on how the money goes this year.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #48
John Gilbert

Quote:
hey john will you be attending the grand national roadster show next weekend in pomona? I will! Sorry the boat and truck won't be there.
I'll be there from Friday to the very end off and on. Its 40 miles from my home. It'd be great to see you! PM or email me at john.gilbert@sorc.com and we'll meet up. Maybe take in a boat show too.