The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-02-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
Dan67

FOR SALE '67 C10 - New (not rebuilt) 350V8 w/warranty

Located in southeast Michigan, this 1967 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup is an exceptionally solid specimen for this area. It's in unrestored, original condition. The paint is faded and chipped in many areas, but it's still very presentable. I have never done a lick of bodywork on it. The left front fender was replaced with a '68 fender sometime in the past, because a previous owner (I'm the 3rd owner) filled in the hole for the side marker lamp. The filler in that hole is cracking, but I'm sure it would be easy to fix. There are a couple of rust holes in the bed floor, and the passenger side rocker panel is just beginning to show rust through. Again, I've never touched the body.

I did, however, perform several thousand dollars' worth of mechanical restoration. I planned to keep this truck for many years and wanted it to be a "go anywhere" vehicle. As such, it is mechanically sound and extremely dependable. On the weekend of June 20-22 this year, I drove it on a 700-mile round trip to our up-north camping property. It was great on the highway, got about 15-16 mpg and ran beautifully the entire trip.

Here's an itemized list of the work I've done on the truck...

Work performed in Spring of 2002:

- BRAND NEW (not remanufactured) Goodwrench crate 350 V8 long block with 3 yr/36,000 mile warranty. This is a 4-bolt main engine. It now has approximately 3100 miles on it. (The truck has 97,500 original.) Plenty of warranty coverage left. The engine was properly broken in according to manufacturer specifications.

- Converted to electronic ignition with reconditioned GM HEI distributor. New Accel wires, plugs, etc. of course.

- Reconditioned HD radiator, new water pump, heater core, hoses, etc. (basically all new cooling system).

- Professionally reconditioned 2bbl Rochester carburetor.

- New master cylinder and COMPLETE steel brake line/hose kit. All brake hydraulics (except wheel cylinders) replaced.

- New dual exhaust system.

- Updated shoulder harness seat belts with center lap belt.

- New shocks.

Work performed in Winter of 2000:

- New clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, release fork boot, etc.

- New U-joints.

Other notes:

- 3-speed on the column manual transmission. Shift linkage works fine; smooth and crisp.
- Manual steering and brakes.
- Coil spring rear suspension.
- Small back window ('67 only).
- Turquoise in color. Yes, turquoise.
- No exterior trim. This is a base-model truck.
- All glass is perfect. No cracks or chips.
- Factory AM radio.
- Clean, spartan interior.
- Fiberglass cap.
- I have all receipts and paperwork for the work performed while I've owned the truck.

Why am I selling? ... Because I stupidly fell in love with another project. I wanted to keep both trucks, but my wife says no dice. All mechanical work was thorough and careful, because I'd planned to keep this as a family pickup for many years.

What additional work does it need? ... Aside from a light cosmetic restoration, I would recommend replacing the coil springs - the ride seems softer than it should be. Also, there's a broken spring in the driver's side of the bench seat. The upholstery is great so it's not noticeable, but the seat sags slightly. (I swear, it was that way when I got it - my butt isn't especially heavy...)

All lights, gauges, etc. work fine. The only thing that doesn't work is the windshield washer pump, and I have a new pump motor I'll include with the truck.

This is a very dependable truck with a brand new engine (plus much more) that should last many, many years. It would be an ideal cosmetic restoration candidate, or just use it as a truck like I do. It gets lots of thumbs-up and attention wherever it goes - people love it. I've been driving it to work every day, including today. It's fun to own and drive.

Asking $3900 - please E-mail me at technicaldr@yahoo.com or call (248) 486-3530. Located in South Lyon, Michigan.
Dan67 is offline   Reply With Quote