The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
J. Billman

Rocker to Front pillar alignment

Hey,

I have been working on my 70 C20 for 3 solid weekends. I welded in a new floor pan and after that I started on the front pillar. It was garbage to begin with so it has not been useful as a reference. I welded in the new front pillar I bought from LMC last night and thought I would use the rocker panel I cut out as a test fit until the new ones get here. The rocker's I cut out were replacement and seem welded in... So I may have tweaked it a bit when cutting it out. I don't know. What I do know is, it is not fitting correctly around the front pillar. Can anyone tell from the pics I posted if I welded in the pillar wrong or maybe I need to trim more off the pillar or maybe I welded in the floor pan wrong and it's pushing the area out.

I just don't know. Thanks for any advice you can lend.

Joshua
Attached Images

J. Billman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
J. Billman

Re: Rocker to Front pillar alignment

BTW, I have been reading many of the previous posts on similar problems. I just have found good pics of what the front and profile views should look like. That is why I posted them and maybe someone who knows what it should look like will be able to tell what my problem is.

J
J. Billman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
makman1297

Re: Rocker to Front pillar alignment

I had trouble getting my LH rocker to fit and i had the original pillar, i had to tweak it for a while to get it to fit and then just weld it up. I found the most important thing is to have the door on the whole time for a good reference.
makman1297 is offline   Reply With Quote