The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
Allen Holloway

Emblem Question

Hey guy new guy! loving this site... i certinly don't feel alone in the old truck world any longer. Listen i have a 72 i'm slowly restoring, SWB, 330hp/350 late model crate motor, installing new upper and lower chrome and emblems and such, my truck is a Custom/10 2WD, but it is not a custom. i want to install the Deluxe emblems that mount under the Custom /10 emblems behind front wheel wells. my question is Where exactly would Chevrolet have mounted this. i have looked at so many pictures and some seem to be located in a verity of places from left of center to center to right of center. and how close would it be to the Custom /10 emblem? can any one out there share where these would have been org. mounted... i really would like to keep that in a stock location... thanks guys!!
Allen Holloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
sameyrasmea72

Re: Emblem Question

There are 2 location that they could have been mounted from the factory. Usually they right under custom, but sometime they are offset too. I will try to find some pics.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #3
sameyrasmea72

These pics won't give you an exact location, but they are the two location I have seen the deluxe emblems from the factory.
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
mrein3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameyrasmea72 View Post
These pics won't give you an exact location, but they are the two location I have seen the deluxe emblems from the factory.
For what its worth...
I purchased a used fender that had staining on the paint to indicate that it came from the factory with the emblem in first photo posted. The plain-jane "C/10" emblem fit the exact same holes.

What I'm trying to say is if you got holes from the factory, and the emblem fits, you probably have it in the right spot.
Center City, MN
mrein3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
Allen Holloway

Thats a good point on previous holes, but mine was not a deluxe from the factory, i just wanted to make it a deluxe, but wanted it to be OEM correct. the photos were very helpful and thats exactly what i had been seeing, in what photos i could get close enough to see. do you think it could have a been a year issue? such as 69? 70? 71?or 72? i personally like the the top one where it is left of center. for some reason the centered one sets me to think Blazer? Course then i guess it wouldn't say Custom / 10 but Blazer... DA!... hey any other thoughts keep me in mind, i will be drilling holes soon just want to get it right the first time... thanks guys

Last edited by Allen Holloway; 01-27-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
sameyrasmea72

[QUOTE=Allen Holloway;4442582. do you think it could have a been a year issue? such as 69? 70? 71?or 72?[/QUOTE]

All three of these are 72's, so it is not a " year issue". Maybe a ass.plant issue. I think the deluxe was only available in 71 and 72.

If it were me doing it I would put it directly below the custom emblem like the 2 in the pics because it is by far the most common and some people might not know about the other location. They might question if it is factory or not.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
thump426er

my 72 custom deluxe is placed same as in the far left and middle as well.
thump426er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
Allen Holloway

Thats what i was thinking as well and thats the one i like to... so most likely thats the direction i'll go... i really appreciate the help guys... love this site... will post pictures once i get it a little further down the road... allen
Old 01-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
smorg007

Cool Re: Emblem Question

I scanned this from the factory assembly manual. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

smorg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:06 PM   #10
Allen Holloway

Well look at you go... i had one of these early on but have missed placed it... this is so awesome... it goes right along with what we have been taking about. Thanks a million smorg007... do you still have the Green truck in your profile pic? i had a SWB 72 forest green (or that color green) and white that was a sharp truck, didn't have factory air but good ride... yours looks really sharp...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #11
smorg007

Hey Allen H, your welcome. If you need any other pics from the manual regarding molding placement just let me know. And yes I still have the truck that's in my profile.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
Allen Holloway

is it a daily driver? i would love to be able to put mine back to show it, but you know Chevy never meant for it to sit on the show room, it was built to drive, so i drive it to work every day and use it like a truck... taking as much caution as i can... naturally i treat it with care, but at times i have folks that are not as easy with loading and such... but you know! seem like every where i go i get complimentes and comments on how nice it is and how good it looks and you know its just a plan old truck... Chevy did the hard work in designing it to look good, all we have to do for the most part is keep it that way... i haven't been much on customizing or deveating from stock. i like the height, the wheels, the door handles and trim, factory hood and grill, bumpers and so on... theres not a truck on the market (In my opinon) that can compete with it as far as i go... thanks again.. Allen
Old 01-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
smorg007

Talking Re: Emblem Question

Mine is not a daily driver although I take cruises in it often. I do show it locally and have won a a couple of trophies with it. Mine is an original 1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super with matching numbers motor. I lucked out and found the correct factory greens houndstooth seat cover, all new "NOS" woodgrain interior pieces, "NOS" sport mirrors, "NOS" new outer and inner grill, "NOS" upper and lower trim moldings, "NOS" A/C control head, and on and on. My truck bed is 90% scratch and dent free and you can eat off of it. I currently have it protected with a indoor/outdoor carpet so I don't scratch it with lawn chairs and ice chest we take to the shows. I get thumbs up and waves everywhere I go. Every things works great including the factory A/C. I did install an original 72 truck tilt recently and added a repop tach to dash bezel. After typing this I think I will take it out for a ride to town and back.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #14
Allen Holloway

Well yea!! truck that looks that good needs to be shown... and nothing does that better than making a slow cruze thru town... looks great man... how long have you had it... is it your first old chevy? are there many of these in CA. your area... show it man, it want do you any good after your gone, and as much as i'd like, i can't take it with me, man can you imagine a sharp 72 cruzing those Golden streets... thats right... oh well enjoy it while you can my friend life is to short to save it for later... headed home God bless..