The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
paul63c10

Favorite two toned combinations

Well today is the day I am dropping the ol' girl off to the paint and body shop being as I don't have time for the body work nor the skill to paint... I still have a couple of weeks to decide on a paint combination and can't figure one out. I was hoping ya guys had favorites or any insight to what would look great on a short step side. Right now i am leaning towards a gray bottom and white top. decisions decisions....

Pretty glad to get it in to paint due to the previous owners prime job is starting rust a bit! also does anybody have original paint schemes or color numbers for the 63's?
paul63c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
k1rodeoboater

Re: Favorite two toned combinations

I really like the stock two tone split where it's just below the windows. The cab top in white has also really grown on me as well. Right now my favorite combos are either a black and white or a dark blue and white. A charcoal gray and white might not look bad either.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
paul63c10

the charcoal grey and white split at the windows is what i am leaning towards.... black is nice. but everybody gets that. i want something that stands out. i think a patina paint job would be awesome but there is nobody around where i live that can do a good one.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
paul63c10

also has anybody seen a step side with side trim?? i think it would look real nice on a solid color body.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
k1rodeoboater

I saw pictures of one where they just had it on the cab and front clip...looked good but not quite right if that makes any sense. The side trim really does need to go the full length of the truck, and on a stepper there's just no good way to do that
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
smilts60

I think trim on a Fleet side is great. I agree though that its probably not as cool on a step.
I'm going with a red and black paint job. I'm not sure if it will be two toned, or red with black flames yet Ill see in a couple of years.
smilts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

The only time I’ve seen trim on a stepside is where it started life as a Fleetside and somebody swapped the bed, like on the Twilight truck. If someone was talented enough to create matching trim for the rear fenders it might look nice.

Regarding two tone paint on these trucks I’ve always been partial to the light blue, turquoise/green, or light gray and white combinations. It’s really up to owner preference since anything done nicely will look great. I’ve seen many nice red and white and a few black and white trucks that looked very sharp. Two toning may be more popular on fleet sides, as I don’t seem to have many photos of step sides wearing that paint scheme. I believe most of these examples I find particularly attractive belong to forum members:

markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
61_FL_Apache
Who Me?

Mine will be similar to the blue and white Apache above, but mine is already black and my dash and just the top of the roof with be the new Camaro yellow. That will be happening this weekend and pics will follow.

1997 Tahoe LT 4D 2WD (DD)
2001 Blazer 4D 2WD
1961 Apache 10 (sold)
1965 C10 Stepper (sold)
61_FL_Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
smilts60

This is what mine looks like right now.

smilts60 is offline   Reply With Quote