The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Ken Davis

1972 truck bucket seats from blazer

What has to be done to 72 blazer seats to make fit in pickup. Are the blazer seats the same except for tracks and is there a difference in blazer and truck consoles.
Ken Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
Bill72

Re: 1972 truck bucket seats from blazer

I believe that the seats are the same. The consoles are also the same. Driver's track the same. Passenger seat has fixed brackets in truck and flip brackets on the Blazer. Some Blazers had utility buckets in them and these are not the same as truck buckets. If I'm wrong on any of this, someone will correct me.
Bill72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
VA72C10
VA72C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill72 View Post
I believe that the seats are the same. The consoles are also the same. Driver's track the same. Passenger seat has fixed brackets in truck and flip brackets on the Blazer. Some Blazers had utility buckets in them and these are not the same as truck buckets. If I'm wrong on any of this, someone will correct me.
Good info! ...the only thing I'd add is that when you had utility buckets there would be no console since they were too wide to fit one.

And the flip brackets can actually be cool on a truck...especially if you've relocated the gas tank....would give you an area behind the seat for storage that was easy to access. Or if you had stereo equipment you could get to it much better than if the seat was on fixed platform.

If you're going for a stock build you'll need the correct brackets as well as the correct bracing underneath the cab. I was just made aware about the bracing. If you don't care about originality just be sure to add something extra to brace the buckets for safety.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #4
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill72 View Post
Just adding some pictures to Bill's already perfect reply. Mel
Attached Images

Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 AM   #5
leddzepp

Thumbs up Re: 1972 truck bucket seats from blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
And the flip brackets can actually be cool on a truck...especially if you've relocated the gas tank....would give you an area behind the seat for storage that was easy to access. Or if you had stereo equipment you could get to it much better than if the seat was on fixed platform.
I mocked this up in my blue truck, and they worked perfect just for that reason!

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote