The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Re: '60 GMC Suburban (Project D-Daddy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVA59 View Post
Nice truck Corts60. I do have a question..... What is the round knob located just above the radio delete plate?
haha...that is a thermometer above the radio delete plate. I've already done away with that and the gun rack and broken cup holders. The poor girl was a farm truck for 50 years.

Oh, I forgot to say the price...I got it for $1100. I am pretty happy with it. Even though the cup holders were broke.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Corts60
Just here to tinker

OK, got a little more done today. I pulled the front pass. wheel off and dug into the brakes. The wheel cylinder is completely frozen (just like the back two) and the inner hub seal was the original rope seal! That stuff is almost like packing gland material, if you're familiar with that. Needless to say, I am picking up two new front wheel cylinders, inner hub seals and a master cylinder this weekend. That should be about it for the brakes. All the pads still have about 50% life left so I will just use them for a little while longer.

I also cleaned out the back and scrubbed the very back seat. It is the only one left that has all the original material. I super excited that it is in such good shape. I can't say the same for the front or mid seats.

Here are some pics:

Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
CVA59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
haha...that is a thermometer above the radio delete plate. I've already done away with that and the gun rack and broken cup holders. The poor girl was a farm truck for 50 years.

Oh, I forgot to say the price...I got it for $1100. I am pretty happy with it. Even though the cup holders were broke.
That is awesome!!! You got a great deal on a super nice truck.

www.23t.weebly.com