The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #1
seacat95

Texas Year of Manufacture Plate

I was curious about the current state of the law after seeing a change coming on various web sites. I sent a email to the state and here is the response:

The 1965 Farm Truck plate is a qualifying plate (meaning you had to meet certain qualifications to use it) that is no longer accepted.

If you have a regular truck or passenger car 1965 plate, you may use that.

If you are applying for Classic registration with the use of old plates, you may do so until September 9, 2011. After that time, no new applications for Classic registration (using old plates) will be accepted.

If you are applying for Antique registration with the use of old plates, that law isn't changing so you may do that at any time.

Also, if you decide to apply for Classic registration, as of September 9, 2011, the $15 fee will no longer be collected (in addition to the registration). If you receive the plates prior to this date, that means next year at renewal time, you will not be charged the $15 fee.

Please feel free to contact me for additional information.

Victoria Dobbins
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Consumer Relations Division
Victoria.Dobbins@txdmv.gov
seacat95 is offline   Reply With Quote