The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #26
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Well it ended at 261.00. Hope a board member did not get it.

PT
__________________
70 CST SWB
70 NOVA
93 Indy 500 Pace Truck (SOLD)
94 SILVERADO SWB 5/7 drop
2000 Silverado swb
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 (Surprisingly very fast)
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
29006
Some of my restorations
http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/thu...NAME=snapfish/
Restored Tach tins 8 cyl - 6 cyl
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=518185
Contact info(Not my paypal address) DAWGSFAN227@YAHOO.COM

God Bless Our Troops
PT'S 70 CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
chewychevy67
Registered User

Location: Here
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

I believe that the speed warning gauge clusters all came with a tag like this as well on the bezel. i removed mine from my original bezel when i had it rechromed and put it back on after it was finished. shows the date it was made and cluster number.
Attached Images

chewychevy67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 PM   #28
VA72C10
VA72C10

VA72C10's Avatar

Location: Midlothian, VA
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

That looks great! Where did you get the bezel re-chromed at? Did they do the black or was it woodgrain or all chrome?
__________________
Looking for a 67-72 swb or blazer project in or around VA.
VA72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #29
chewychevy67
Registered User

Location: Here
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

i had it rechromed at chrome tech usa. they just did the chrome. I did the black so it would match my 67 glove box. they were originally black and silver but preferred chrome and wanted to use all original parts. plus i needed one with a choke delete and added a vacuum gauge. more pic's.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #30
VA72C10
VA72C10

VA72C10's Avatar

Location: Midlothian, VA
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Very nice! Better than new with a factory look. I like it
__________________
Old 02-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #31
70shortfleet
Senior Member

70shortfleet's Avatar

Location: St.Peters, MO
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
great info. Thanks for sharing.

So, PT...how do you add these in cases like the new repro dash you just did? Do you have a supply of the brass pins or use another speedwarning dash and scavenge the parts for the new one.

....and I guess it's no point adding "speed warning" to my ebay daily notifications since you'll buy them anyways, huh
PT'S not the only competition that you might have bidding on speed warnings! I have a few of my own
Attached Images

70shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #32
Dave
DND Trucks

Location: NW Indiana
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Love the speed warnings and tachs. Nice to see someone else has the same illness as I do. LOL
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #33
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Very nice dash Chewy. Excellent work. You guys do not have to worry about me being a threat on ebay. I bought that last one for a board member who asked me to help him find one. But if I run into a good deal get your wallets ready.

PT
__________________

Old 02-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #34
72 tigger
Senior Member

72 tigger's Avatar

Location: Berne IN
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

70shortfleet, Is that just a cabinet you keep your goodies in or a safe?
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #35
VA72C10
VA72C10

VA72C10's Avatar

Location: Midlothian, VA
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......Thou shalt not covet....thou shalt not covet......

IT'S NOT WORKING ..... I WANT I WANT I WANT

I have a few tach dashes....well I had a lot more till recently when I've needed to liquidate some.....
__________________
Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #36
Dave
DND Trucks

Location: NW Indiana
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Hey PT,
The speed warning dash everyone spoke of earlier is back up for sale on ebay again. Still without any mention the cluster is missing the brass pin and insulator. The current bid is 150.00, buyers beware.

Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-72...item4cf5534a3a
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #37
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

tcb-1's Avatar

Location: Shawnee, KS
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

I've restored many of the speed warnings and looked for years (yes years) for a brass isolation pole like the original. nothing. if I get a wild hair in the next few years (and get back into trucks , I may break out the micrometer and my friend's lathe and make a few.

the only (BUT MAJOR) difference between a non s.w. tin and one made for a s.w. head is this pin.

70shortfleet, you make me sick....... but in a good way!
__________________
Doug

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #38
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Doug, I like you have done a few of these and have searched the world over for anything even remotely close to one of these pins and have found nothing close. If you or someone were to make them as you know you would need to thread the inner tin side of the pin. If anyone made these up they could make a mint.

PT
__________________

Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #39
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Sorry Dave I saw it last night back on ebay and was going to post about it. I am going to send him a question about it and see what he says.

PT
__________________

Old 02-22-2011, 02:03 AM   #40
Dave
DND Trucks

Location: NW Indiana
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Good deal PT.
Let us know what he says, sort of curious at this point. Looks like the high bidder for last go around may have backed out, not sure. I think you may find that this person may not care as evidenced by the ad being unchanged from before.
VA72C10 was basically saying the same thing earlier, about folks being informed and then not revising the ad.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #41
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

More to come guys. After he sent me a message saying that it did not have the pin in it I sent him one back. I stated that this is the second time that I know of that you have listed this dash and have been asked before about the pin and ignored it, so if you do not disclose the cond. of the dash then I will report you to ebay and send an attached copy of the messages. I am all about someone making a dollar but do not cheat them in doing so.

PT
__________________

Old 02-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #42
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Well I think I have officially pi--ed this guy off. (You will have to start at the bottom first) .From: darrellrf
To: dawgfan227
Subject: Re: Details about item: dawgfan227 sent a message about 67-72 Chevy/GMC Truck Speed Warning/Speed Alert RARE #330533390906
Sent Date: Feb-22-11 15:40:01 PST

Dear dawgfan227,

I will be glad to answer any questions a bidder has,I believe that you have a problem with this because you seem to buy and sell these types of items, and maybe you just want everybody to believe your products are the best!! We are not trying to hide anything,if we were I would not have a picture of the back.I believe you should mind your own business and let everybody enjoy the great auction site of e-bay.I have this item priced to sell because it is missing some parts otherwise they normally go for lots more money.This item is back on,again not your business,because the buyer did not pay and is no longer a e-bay member!!!!!Thanks for your concern but I will not respond to your emails again.Please no more harassing e-mails.

- darrellrf

From: dawgfan227
To: darrellrf
Sent Date: Feb-21-11 23:17:00 PST

Dear darrellrf,

You need to list it then in your add. This is the second time this dash has been on ebay that I know of and I know that you were asked before about this. IF you sell this as it is without listing that it is missing the pin then I will forward these emails to ebay.

- dawgfan227

From: darrellrf
To: dawgfan227
Sent Date: Feb-21-11 20:40:54 PST

Dear dawgfan227,

nope it is not there

- darrellrf

From: dawgfan227
To: darrellrf
Sent Date: Feb-21-11 20:31:58 PST

Dear darrellrf,

Hey could you tell me if the dash has the brass pin in the rear tin that is needed for the buzzer wiring harness. I do not see it.

- dawgfan227

PT
__________________
70 CST SWB
70 NOVA
93 Indy 500 Pace Truck (SOLD)
94 SILVERADO SWB 5/7 drop
2000 Silverado swb
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 (Surprisingly very fast)
2004 GMC Yukon XL Denali
BATESBURG, SC. 29006
29006
Some of my restorations
http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/thu...NAME=snapfish/
Restored Tach tins 8 cyl - 6 cyl
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=518185
Contact info(Not my paypal address) DAWGSFAN227@YAHOO.COM

God Bless Our Troops

Last edited by PT'S 70 CST; 02-23-2011 at 10:51 AM.
PT'S 70 CST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #43
VA72C10
VA72C10

VA72C10's Avatar

Location: Midlothian, VA
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

Now you've done it

While I get his point about him having the pictures posted....it's clear he knows it wouldn't sell for much...if at all....if he disclosed that. Someone who hasn't been educated about these will probably end up winning it again....

Thanks for educating us
__________________
Old 02-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #44
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

I think his point is invalid. This guy is knowingly selling this gauge cluster without one of the most key component. If you ask me it is like he is saying yeah it is not there but if someone is fool enough to bid it up then I will stick them. This is one of the main reasons ebay sucks. Dishonesty from jerks like this. It strikes a nerve with me because I just bought one about a month ago to try and help out a member that was looking for one and bid on the fly. Guess what the pin had been cut out. Ok I have let off my steam for the morning.

PT
Attached Images

__________________

Old 02-23-2011, 11:18 AM   #45
VA72C10
VA72C10

VA72C10's Avatar

Location: Midlothian, VA
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

I agree...I agree....don't hit me.....
__________________
Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #46
PT'S 70 CST
"GO DAWGS"

PT'S 70 CST's Avatar

Location: Batesburg, SC. 29006
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

I promise I will not.

PT
__________________

Old 02-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #47
Dave
DND Trucks

Location: NW Indiana
Re: Speed warnings on ebay (be careful) read

PT, this is funny!

I agree with you, his point is not valid. One of the reasons ebay changed it's policies several years ago, was to improve the so called "buyer experience" by holding shady or inexperienced seller's more accountable for what their listing. In other words, full disclosure of the item, not a hard concept. But unfortunately, this doesn't always happen.

Like VA72C10, I think someone will purchase the item, unaware that it will not work as originally designed. This kind of nonsense is why certain people have been banned from selling on the board.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks