The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Gene

Does the door glass go in first or??

I'm in the process of replacing all my door rubber, cant for the life of me remember the order in which I took it apart? Does the division bar go in first or the glass then the bar then the vent assembly?? HELP
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
kaycee

Re: Does the door glass go in first or??

Man I think I put my vent in first then took the rear track off 2 screws at the bottom rear of door and fanagled the window into the roller channel.They r a pain in the a@#.Good luck
63 IMPALA 327
kaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
Gene

Well, I got the glass in but cant figure out how i'm gonna get the vent assembly in???
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

This may help. Photos begin in 3rd post.

Edit...whoops said that backwards

Last edited by ETsC10; 02-23-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: goofed
ETsC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
kellytheaker

put the glass in first with some lube in the roller track on the glass , then with the stay or glass run channel at the latch side loosened - two screws removed from the base of it and the 1 loosened at the door latch area - loose only here just to keep in place but not anywhere near tight - this needs to move a bit . set your glass in and use a rag to cover the area where the glass rests on the rubber stop just to stop the glass from trying to slide in between the door skin and the stop . now set the glass in and put it up against the run that is loosened and push the run and glass alittle off to the side to allow more room for the vent to slide in . now with that set off to the side you can see it has allowed another inch or so at the vent area and now slide the vent in with the base first - the area where it has bolt holes and then turn - it is easy and you will find it awkward at first but it is simple .. be reminded the door regulator needs to go in first and be just set in the door and possibly use a rag on it just so it doesnt ding the outer door skin if it drops , it is a little heavy on one end - you will see just set it in the door forward and on the bottom and the arms correct or you will have to pull out again - - and you will see that the inner door is the first track to install then you put the glass in the channel . always check to make sure the clips are on the outer skin up top where the long screw goes in at the vent base before you do anything , you know the hole ? that takes the 2 inch screw. it a little confusing i hope it helps
kellytheaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM   #6
cheyenne shortstep

Glass first, you will never get the glass in with the vent window in.
cheyenne shortstep is offline   Reply With Quote