The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
JAG66

Inner fenders from LMC (aftermarket) fit?

Has anyone bolted in a new after market inner fender and did it line up good such as bolt holes and everything that attaches to it?
Just pulled the RF inner fender from my 86 SWB because of battery acid rotted an area. Trying to decide if I should just fiberglass repair my fender and remount since I know it will fit.
JAG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
junkyardjohn

Re: Inner fenders from LMC (aftermarket) fit?

I USED A PAIR, & THEY WEREN'T TOO BAD. RIGHT AFTER I PUT THEM IN A MEMBER HERE PUT A PAIR OF NOS ONES UP FOR SALE, (I HAD A W.T.B. POST UP FOR A MONTH) SO I PULLED THEM OUT AFTER I PAID HIM BIG $ FOR THEM. MAN HE SCREWED ME AROUND FOR 2 WEEKS & WOULDN'T ANSWER ANY OF MY TELE. CALLS OR EMAILS UNTIL I GOT PAYPAL INVOLVED, & PUT A HOLD ON HIS PAYPAL ACCOUNT. SUDDENLY.. MAGICALLY.. HE REMEMBERED HOW TO P.M. ME. REAL NICE SHIPPING WAS A KILLER. ANYWAY... I'VE GOT A SET HERE IN S/E KY IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN THIS AREA. I WON'T SHIP EM. $100 FOR THE PAIR PICKED UP. JOHN (I HOPE NO ONE CONSTRUES THIS AS BREAKING ANY RULES SINCE YOU ARE PINK) (DONTCHA HATE BEING PINK??) (I'LL KNOCK OFF $10 IF YOU DONATE $25 TO BECOME A SUBSCRIBING MEMBER..... IT'S WORTH IT.....HONEST) JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-05-2011 at 07:17 PM.
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
JAG66

Junkyard, If they fit, why take them out? Ready to place a large parts order and need to know how the fit is.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Chlorin8ed

Has anyone tried parts (especially inner fenders) from "Browns of Two Rivers" out of Wisconsin? I went to my local body shop and this is where he said they could get them. I didn't think it was too bad, he quoated me $107 for both and shipped. Not sure if that is his cost or a little more for him, but I didn't think that was too bad.

LMC shipping was a killer
Chlorin8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #5
79gmcclassic

i live in green bay close to BROWNS and their sheetmetal is good quality i hear. but i dont have experience buying from them yet.

Freshly lowered 5 inches

79gmcclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

ive never used the ones from LMC knowingly but there is a vast disparity among the aftermarket inner fenders.... I bought a chinese set from a swap meet for one truck and they stank and a set i bought through one of our site vendors although not perfect with the holes fit in a heck of alot better

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:47 AM   #7
JAG66

Who sells a RF inner fender that FITS?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Mr79C10
It Is What It Is,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjohn View Post
(I HOPE NO ONE CONSTRUES THIS AS BREAKING ANY RULES SINCE YOU ARE PINK) (DONTCHA HATE BEING PINK??) (I'LL KNOCK OFF $10 IF YOU DONATE $25 TO BECOME A SUBSCRIBING MEMBER..... IT'S WORTH IT.....HONEST) JOHN
79 C-10 project
.........................__
..............._____ l __\___
..............|_(O)_ |___(O) ]
FAQ INDEX Thread
The Kulture
My Rat Den
Mr79C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG66 View Post
Junkyard, If they fit, why take them out? Ready to place a large parts order and need to know how the fit is.
I TOOK EM OUT TO REPLACE THEM WITH N.O.S. INNERS. N.O.S. MEENS NEW OLD STOCK. & THERE NOT AVAILABLE.....ANYWHERE. THIS WAS FOR ONE OF MY OLD MILITARY CUCV TRUCKS, & IT JUST KICKED MY BUTT TO PUT CHINEEZE PARTS ON AN OLD MILITARY AMERICAN MADE WORKHORSE. PROBABLY DON'T MAKE GOOD SENCE TO SOME... BUT I'M KINDA FUNNY THAT WAY. IF YOU CAN GET GOOD ONES FOR $109 YOU'D BE CRAZY NOT TOO. I PAID ABOUT $165 FOR THESE BY THE TIME THEY GOT HERE. THEY'RE PAID FOR, & NOT EATING OR POOPING (TRYING TO BE POLITICALLY CORRECT HERE) (BEEN REPRIMANDED FOR NOT BEING B-4) & I'LL USE EM. WASN'T TRYING TO TALK YOU INTO ANYTHING... JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT. BUT IN ANSWER TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION..... YEP..... I LIKED THE LMC ONES JUST FINE. CAN'T SAY ABOUT ANY OF THE OTHER CHINEEZE OR TIWANEEZE ONES. NO PERSONAL EXPERIANCE WITH THEM. GOOD LUCK WITH EM. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
SeanPaintsFlames

I bought a set of Goodmark inner fenders that were sold through Keystone, and they were okay. I did have to open up a couple of the holes a little bit and push on them to make some other holes reach, but they weren't that bad.

The Taiwanese fenders, on the other hand...
Old 03-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #11
russgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorin8ed View Post
Has anyone tried parts (especially inner fenders) from "Browns of Two Rivers" out of Wisconsin? I went to my local body shop and this is where he said they could get them. I didn't think it was too bad, he quoated me $107 for both and shipped. Not sure if that is his cost or a little more for him, but I didn't think that was too bad.

LMC shipping was a killer
I've dealt with Jensen camaro out of tipton, IA and have had good luck with the goodmark parts that they deal with
20 Max Trailering 6.2 Crew
71 Nova SS

My Blazer build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=363634
russgt is offline   Reply With Quote