The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Mike Bradbury

67-72 Contests?

As we come to the close of another TOTM contest, I noticed that another non 67-72 truck was chosen again. Although very deserving because it was an awesome truck, as all of the choices have been. I noticed as I was looking through the archives of the last year that there have been only two (that's right two) 67-72 era TOTM winners in all of 20010/11 contests, all the rest have been 50's -66 era. As I said all have been awesome trucks and deserving of acclaim, but I would think on a 67-72 Chevy site that there would be a bit more of a lean to our particular era.

No this is not sour grapes because I did not win, I just like the fact that my truck is done enough to even get votes and I have had fun getting her to this point. I actually thought that Sweet Pea had it in the bag from the moment Tony entered and was surprised at the out come. I am a classics nut and I love most vintage vehicles for their unique quality in each of their own respects. I do however have a bent toward the 67-72 shape as I imagine other owners of other eras have as well.

As I went back further most of the winners were in fact 67-72 trucks, but now it seems a rarity to have one win. I am just curious to know if anyone else has noticed this trend?

Project: Barn Raising http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=414961

Project: 30 Be Low https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=830583
Mike Bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: 67-72 Contests?

No doubt that there are more, or should be more, 67-72's among members on this forum. Would it be fairer to suggest that TOTM be broken down by year increments, i.e., 47-55 (1st series); 55 (2nd series) to 59; 50-66; 67-72; 73-87; 88-98; and 99-up? In my opinion, you could have truck of the forum for the month, then truck of the month (overall) for the year. But, that would cause a lot of work for someone, and that isn't me. The staff is all volunteers, and it probably wouldn't work out in a simple way. As lop-sided as it may seem, the present method is probably the only way to do it, and it is as fair as it can get.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
Mike Bradbury

I totally agree, I would have it no other way than an all inclusive monthly contest for the simplicity and competition aspects alone. Just found it odd that so many other years seem to be on top recently

Old 03-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
VA72C10
VA72C10

I love all year chevy trucks and like the current format. Although I am somewhat perplexed that....as you mentioned...other years have been winning. but if you look back there are some simply amazing rides winning.

That...and as I mentioned in the thread for TOTM....there isn't a lot of LWB love out there...no matter what the year

There's a TOTM contest for you....Long and lovely
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Mike Bradbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
That...and as I mentioned in the thread for TOTM....there isn't a lot of LWB love out there...no matter what the year

There's a TOTM contest for you....Long and lovely
In addition to my 69 I am also in process of a 29 Ford roadster pick up with my dad, it has about a four foot bed on it. The length of bed does not matter to me. I am sure that there will be other contests that long beds place higher, probably even higher than mine. But that was missing the true spirit of the question. My question was never about why my truck did not get more votes it was merely an observation why no 67-72 trucks have been getting the nod as of late. Trick out, long/short or rough around the edges and oxidized, the older ones seem to have more love.
Posted via Mobile Device