The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
junkyardjohn

Nice 71 cab & front clip with title

I'VE GOT A COMPLETE LOW MILLIAGE 10,000 LB GVW DUALLY 71 C-30 TRUCK THAT I'M GOING TO PART WITH. I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK SEVERAL YEARS AGO & FOUND OUT LATER THAT THE FRAME IS FUBAR. IT'S RUSTED ON ONE SIDE NEAR THE SPRING PERCHs. I PULLED THE STAKE BED OFF TO BUY A NICE ALUMINUM STAKE BED & FOUND THE RUST. IT EMBARASSES ME TO SAY... I GOT TOOK ON THIS ONE AFTER BUYING & PARTING PROBABLY 50 OVER THE LAST 27 YEARS. I ALWAYS LOOK AT THESE FOR THE SUM OF $ IN PARTS, SO IT WASN'T A TOTAL TRADJETY (SP?) ANYWAY. I'M GETTING OUT OF REDOING THESE OLD TRUCKS & IT'S TIME TO PASS IT ON TO SOMEONE WHO HAS THE INTEREST. THE BUCKETS DON'T GO WITH IT , NOR DO THE TIRES & RIMS , SO BRING SOME OR I CAN PULL MINE ONCE IT'S ON A TRAILOR. (THERE FOR ONE OF MY OTHER TRUCKS) BUT IT'S PRETTY COMPLETE OTHERWISE. THE DOORS & THE FENDERS ARE RUSTFREE. IT HAS A 250 SIX (NON RUNNING) & A SM465 & AN HO72 (I BELIEVE IT'S A 456-1 RATIO) (NO-SPIN REAR END OPTION #1G86AF ON THE SHEET IN THE GLOVE BOX) IT'S A LOW MILES TRUCK (I BELIEVE IN THE 80,000s) & I'LL PUT THE REAR END IN ANOTHER 4-SALE POST. I NEED $800 FOR JUST THE CAB, FRONT CLIP & TITLE OR $1100 JUST AS IT SITS IN PICS. TO BE PICKED UP IN SOMERSET KY. 42501. JUST SO THERES NO MISUNDERSTANDING... THE FIRST ONE THAT SAYS "I'LL TAKE IT" & SENDS ME A $250 DEPOSIT THRU PAYPAL IMMEDEATLY, GETS IT. I CAN LOAD IT FOR YA. & I CAN HOLD ON TO FOR A MONTH OR SO... HECK... IT'S BEEN SITTING FOR ABOUT FOUR YEARS RIGHT WERE IT IS. JOHN
Attached Images

LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-08-2011 at 09:34 AM.
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
junkyardjohn

Re: Nice 71 cab & front clip with title

more pic.s
Attached Images

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
Old 03-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
junkyardjohn

Last ones.... A REALLY GOOD, SOLID POJECT FOR SOMEONE. JOHN
Attached Images

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-07-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #4
junkyardjohn

SOMEBODY MUST NEED THIS... I'VE SEEN SOME OF THE STUFF PEOPLE BACK EAST HERE RESTORE. THE ROCKERS & CORNERS ARE ORIGINAL & SOLID AS A ROCK. NEEDS A FEW SMALL PATCHES ON THE FLOOR. ONE PAYMENT... HURRY. THIS IS A SUPER SOLID START COMPARED TO MOST OF THE RUST BUCKETS I SEE PEOPLE START WITH BACK EAST HERE. THIS TRUCK BELONGED TO AN OLD MAN, HE DIED & IT SAT IN A BARN FOR 14 YEARS. THE FRAME WAS PACKED WITH MUD & AS A RESULT, (THATS THE STORY I GOT WHEN I BOUGHT IT ANYWAY) IT ROTTED AROUND THE DRIVERS SIDE LEAF PERCHASES. DON'T MAKE ME PART IT. DO THE MATH... FIGURE UP THE PARTS. IT'S A STANDARD LONG WHEEL BASE DISC BRAKE FRAME, & FOR ANOTHER $350 I'LL THROW IN A 72 RUST FREE S.W.B FRAME WITHOUT A REAR AXEL. (FOR AN EXTRA $1000 I'LL SUPPLY A ZERO MILE FORD FACTORY DISC BRAKE 9" REAR WITH 350-1 RATIO, COMPLETELY & PROFESSIONALLY REBUILT 5 ON 5 BOLT PATTERN POSI. & 5" & 3" DROP COILS. IT'S SET UP FOR CHEVY TRUCK TRAILING ARMS) C'MON.... SOMEBODY JUMP. I REALIZE THIS ECONOMY IS IN THE $*%^&@ BUT IT CAN'T LAST FOREVER. JOHN

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-08-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
bigsnookmaster

TTT!! Killer deal for someone, especially in this area of the country!
bigsnookmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
GobbleStalker
GobbleStalker Calls

I would love to but so far away for me. Plus I need an AC 2 tone paint cab.

Good deal though for sure.

Kev
09 GMC Sierra SLT All Terrain pkg.
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara unlimited. ( The wifes ride )
GobbleStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Chris H
72 C30 Trailer Queen

Good Golly John!
Dont make me come down there with a trailer!!!

72 C30 133"
72 C30 157" flat-dump
69 C10 short fleet
71 ElCamino
2000 K2500 crewcab shortbed (sold, sorry old friend)
2005 GMC 2500HD shortcrew Duramax
2006 K1500 RCSB
and a couple other projects/parts
Chris H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #8
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GobbleStalker View Post
I would love to but so far away for me. Plus I need an AC 2 tone paint cab.

Good deal though for sure.

Kev
YEP.. LIVING IN CANADA IS DEFINATLY A LOGISTIC PROBLEM FOR ONE OF US. (& I'M SURELY NOT MOVING TO CANADA ANY TIME SOON. ) AS FOR ORIGINAL PAINT ON A 40 YEAR OLD TRUCK FOR UNDER $1000 (AMERICAN CURRENCY).... I KIND OF DOUBT IT... PAINT IS TEMPORARY.( I KINDA WISH IT WAS MADE A BIG BLOCK LOADED SUPER) I WAS 13 WHEN THIS TRUCK WAS BUILT.. NOW I'M AN OLD MAN... BUT I REMEMBER WHEN THEY WERE IN THE SHOWROOMS OF THE DEALERS. THEY USED TO WHITE OUT ALL THE SHOWROOM WINDOWS & HAVE A BIG UNVEILING ON OCTOBER 1ST. ANY OF YOU OTHER OLD FARTS OUT THERE REMEMBER THAT?? JOHN

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
Old 03-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #9
Tim Christian

Can the frame not be repaired at all? Pictures?
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #10
junkyardjohn

I wouldn't trust a repair tim. It's a 10,000 gvw truck. I just wouldn't feel right about driving it on roads that you have to share with innocents while carrying heavy loads, & why drive a one ton that you can't put heavy loads on?? I will have another 69 c-30 rustfree frame from under my wrecker soon though.same size. I'm putting my 69 wrecker body on an 85 4x4 dually k-30 frame & chasis. It would require swapping out the sub frame from the 71 to the 69 so you would have disc.s . I live up in the mountains now & all my trucks will need 4wd. I just have so many projects going right now that it's not funny. Theres a guy local here that I'm talking with, & I think he's going to take everything I've got. I was just trying to give someone on here one heck of a leg up..... After all... I've been a member here for an awful long time & people here have helped me out in the past. If this guy passes... You ought to bring a trailor on up here... Seriosly.... I'm selling it for about a third of what I have in it, & they don't call me junkyardjohn because I don't know anything about these old trucks. I even have a complete 85 c-30 front end cross member assy., disc to disc & all the way up to & including the steering gearbox, & Goodyear airbags inside the coils, stored inside in my shop with every orfice sealed with cylicone & 2 extra HO72s & 2 MORE SM465s. Or I have a rustfree 72 swb frame & a ford 9" 3.50-1 posi factory disc brake rearend, set up for g.m. trailing arms. it's a zero mile 5 on 5" axel. complete with all new bearings, seals gears & ring & pinion, with new calipers,pads,rotors & all brake harware. I JUST HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF FOR AN OLD GUY. IF I LIVE TO BE 100, I DOUBT I'LL FINISH ALL THIS STUFF, & I just bought another truck last week......... oh-boy. John

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-11-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
junkyardjohn

Here's some pic.s of what I mean. The only way to repair this frame would be to weld a back half of a donor truck in place. I considered doing that, with even a later model truck. (square body) This truck is as solid as a rock from about 12" behind the cab. But like I said... I'll have a one ton dually frame with the same dimentions shortly, from under my 69 tow truck. Thats a nevada desert truck & doesn't even have surface rust on it. This old truck has a HO72 dually possi. There as rare as hens teeth. It's a shame. After living in the desert for a while.... I HATE THAT BROWN STUFF. John
Attached Images

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-11-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
dfairchild19

How are the cab supports?

Very Interested....
dfairchild19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #13
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairchild19 View Post
how are the cab supports?

Very interested....
I was going to replace one cab support. Matter of fact I bought a pair of them before I found this rusty frame. & a new rubber mat... & a glovebox cardboard.... I was going to take it over to columbiaville (about 70 miles) to have some guys over there make a really nice all aluminum flatbed for it & then put a nice paintjob on it.(myself... I paint) My excavater guy had one put on his brand new cab & chasis he bought, & it was $1800 complete with lights, toolbox & headache rack. Thats where I got the idea. I pulled off the old bed & found this. All the rust was covered up with some ashphalt tar like substanse to hide it, by the p.o........... Oh-well...took it in the shorts that day. Stuff like that comes back ten fold. I really don't understand how people that would do something like that can sleep at night... I really don't. I was kinda discusted with it & it's been sitting in one spot since that day four years ago. John (you're 228 miles from me.. I just picked up a truck at wright patterson A.F.B. last thursday)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-11-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #14
dfairchild19

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardjohn View Post
I was going to replace one cab support. Matter of fact I bought a pair of them before I found this rusty frame. & a new rubber mat... & a glovebox cardboard.... I was going to take it over to columbiaville (about 70 miles) to have some guys over there make a really nice all aluminum flatbed for it & then put a nice paintjob on it.(myself... I paint) My excavater guy had one put on his brand new cab & chasis he bought, & it was $1800 complete with lights, toolbox & headache rack. Thats where I got the idea. I pulled off the old bed & found this. All the rust was covered up with some ashphalt tar like substanse to hide it, by the p.o........... Oh-well...took it in the shorts that day. Stuff like that comes back ten fold. I really don't understand how people that would do something like that can sleep at night... I really don't. I was kinda discusted with it & it's been sitting in one spot since that day four years ago. John (you're 228 miles from me.. I just picked up a truck at wright patterson A.F.B. last thursday)
Nice I am about 5 minutes from wright patt. That would have been nice!

My fiance's family has a place on Norris and I would pick it up(if we come up with a deal) on my way down or back late this month or early next.....

Any chance you could get a pic of the cab supports to see how extensive they would be to replace?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #15
junkyardjohn

IT'S BEEN A WHILE, BUT I DON'T THINK THEY WERE VERY BAD. IT'S BEEN RAINY & MUDDYS AS CAN BE HERE BUT I'LL TRY & PUT THE HI-LO FORKS ON MY JOHN DEERE & LIFT IT UP TO TAKE SOME PICTURES OF THE UNDERSIDE IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT WANTING IT. DON'T JERK ME AROUND THOUGH. IF YOUR NOT SERIOUS DON'T WASTE MY TIME. I'M AN OLD MAN NOW & DON'T HAVE AN EXTRA AFTERNOON TO WASTE. SHOOT... I WAS GOING TO BUILD IT FOR MYSELF... BUT I HAVE 7 TRUCKS NOW & I LIVE BY MYSELF OUT IN THE MOUNTAINS & DRIVE LESS THAN 150 MILES A MONTH. I JUST HAVE MORE AROUND HERE THAN 1 MAN NEEDS. AFTER BUILDING & DRIVING THESE TRUCKS SINCE 1985... I THINK I'M MOVING ON TO SQUAREBODY TRUCKS. I'VE BOUGHT THREE IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS. I SPENT 12 YEARS LIVING IN THE HIGH DESERT OF NEVADA BEFORE MOVING HERE, SO I KNOW WHAT SOLID TRUCKS ARE. I'VE GOT A COMPLETELY RUSTFREE CAB IN MY GARAGE THAT I HAULED HERE FROM HUNINGTON BEACH CALIFORNIA. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO. JOHN

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-11-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
Leroy-B1

if you decide to part the front clip from the cab let me know also tell me more about your 72 swb frame???
Leroy-B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
junkyardjohn

WELL... IT'S A RUSTFREE 72 SWB FRAME, 5 LUG, NO REAREND IN IT, 5" REAR & 3" FRONT DROP SPRINGS. OLDER RUSTY BUT ROCK SOLID HOOKER COMP. HEADERS & FLOWMASTER 40s EXITING IN FRONT OF WEAR REAREND SHOULD BE. (GOOD SOLID EXHAUST) $350..... ALL NEW UPPER & LOWER CONTROL ARMS, BALL JOINTS,TIE ROD ENDS & ADJUSTERS & A USED SET OF GOOD SPINDLES. EXTRA $200 WITH PURCHASE OF FRAME ONLY. ALSO A FORD 9" 3.50-1 RATIO FACTORY DISC BRAKE POSSI. REAR END. 5 ON 5" WITH PERCHACES FOR CHEVY TRAILING ARMS. ALL ZERO MILE PROFESSIONALLY REBUILT WITH ALL NEW BEARINGS, SEALS, & RING & PINION. EXTRA $1000 (IT COST ME $1240 IN PARTS & LABOUR 8 YEARS AGO TO HAVE MY REAREND BUILT) (HAVEN'T INSTALLED IT SO I GUESS I DON'T NEED IT) I HAVE BEEN BUILDING THESE OLD TRUCKS FOR 26 YEARS.. BRING A TRAILOR & A PILE OF CASH...MORE OLD PARTS THAN IMAGINABLE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.... HONEST. JOHN (FRONT CLIP WILL BE $600 & YOU HELP ME PULL IT OFF WHEN YOU GET HERE) JUST WANT ALL THIS STUFF GONE & MOVING ON TO OTHER PRODJECTS...... OR WILL TRADE IT ALL FOR A 4WD ELECTRIC START 50s OR EARLY 60s RUSTFREE ARMY M27A1 MULE. JOHN

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-12-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #18
dfairchild19

I will take the cab and front clip pending pictures of the cab supports.

I wouldn't yank your chain and make you do all of that for nothing. I've been down that road and it makes me reluctant to cooperate with guys trying to buy stuff from me but it would make it more difficult to sell some stuff without giving them enough info to make a decision on it. I have just had to decide what is worth it and what isn't. If this was me selling I would say it is worth it....

Like I said I wouldn't be asking such a favor if I wasn't serious about it. It's your choice though. Can't really say I would blame you for not wanting to. Let me know what you decide either way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #19
junkyardjohn

I DON'T MIND AT ALL & I'D WANT ALL THE INFORMATION I COULD GET IF I WAS IN YOUR SHOES. I'LL GET SOME PICTURES FOR YOU ONE WAY OR ANOTHER TODAY. SHOOT... I DON'T BLAME YOU IN THE LEAST, BUT THERE SEAMS TO BE AN AWFUL LOT OF PEOPLE ON HERE THAT MAKE A HOBBY OUT OF JUST COLLECTING PICTURES, & SEEING HOW FAR THEY CAN JERK SOMEONE AROUND & WASTE THIER TIME. IT'S HARD TO TELL OVER THE COMPUTER IF YOUR TALKING TO A 14 YEAR OLD KID WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS, OR SOMEONE THATS TRUELLY INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL. I'M NOT POINTING THIS AT YOU, SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT THE WAY, BUT AN AWFUL LOT OF PEOPLE CONFUSE KINDNESS WITH WEAKNESS. THATS ONE OF THE THINGS I LOVE THE MOST ABOUT THE SOUTH... PEOPLE AREN'T FIRST & FORMOST NATURALLY SUSPICIOUS OF EACH OTHER. SOME PROPLE.... (& THE SAME GUYS ARE NOTORIOS FOR IT) JUST SEAM TO POST & ASK ANY OLD OSCURE QUESTION ABOUT A FOR SALE ITEM, & THEN EXPECT THE SELLER TO HOLD ONTO IT TILL THEY COME BACK (SOMETIMES SEVERAL DAYS LATER) & SAY NAW... I THINK I'LL PASS.... MEANWHILE THEY'VE WASTED YOUR TIME, HELD UP OTHER POTENTIAL SALES, & SCREWED UP YOUR THREAD. AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED... UNTIL SOMEONE SAYS... I'LL TAKE IT...PENDING THIS OR THAT..... IT'S STILL FOR SALE. SOME PEOPLES KIDS!! IF A PERSONS WORD ISN'T ANY GOOD... WELL.... NOTHING ELSE MUCH MATTERS. I'LL GET YOU SOME PICTURES AFTER IT GETS LIGHT OUT. THANKS FOR LETTING ME RANT THIS MORNING. JOHN

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-12-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #20
junkyardjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfairchild19 View Post
i will take the cab and front clip pending pictures of the cab supports.
I wouldn't yank your chain and make you do all of that for nothing. I've been down that road and it makes me reluctant to cooperate with guys trying to buy stuff from me but it would make it more difficult to sell some stuff without giving them enough info to make a decision on it. I have just had to decide what is worth it and what isn't. If this was me selling i would say it is worth it....
Like i said i wouldn't be asking such a favor if i wasn't serious about it. It's your choice though. Can't really say i would blame you for not wanting to. Let me know what you decide either way.
posted via mobile device
it looks like a nice sunny day here. I'll go out & get some pictures of it as soon as it warms up a little. I have a nice, all steel 9' flat bed that i won't be using also. I'm going to p.m. You with my tele. # . I'll call you right back if you give me you'res as i have unlimited long distance & it won't cost anything. I'm the slowest, worst typer you've ever seen & comunication is sooooo much easier that way. john

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
Old 03-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #21
junkyardjohn

Well... I went out & took pic.s of it, & it didn't improve any in the last 4 years it was sitting there. I have all 4 replacement cab mounts (I thought I only bought two). & if you want it just the way it sits with the possi HO72 rearend ... $1000 minus the wheels & seats. They are for my tow truck. (they're 10 ply glass belted tires on splits anyway) & I have a very nice 8 1/2' flatbed, with a headache rack, hidden goose neck ball in a trap door in the middle of the bed & L.E.D. tailights for an extra $350 with the purchase of the truck. All in all.. a very good start for somebody for not much money. I have more parts for these old trucks than you can shake a stick at. See pic.s
Attached Images

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-12-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #22
junkyardjohn

More
Attached Images

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-12-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #23
junkyardjohn

Ttt one time for the weekend

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
Old 03-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #24
junkyardjohn

One more time

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
Old 03-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #25
junkyardjohn

IT'S GOOD AS GONE. SOLD TO DFAIRCHILD19 PENDING A DOWNPAYMENT JOHN

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 03-13-2011 at 06:24 PM.