The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2003, 01:21 PM   #1
PureChevy

Rhino Lining

Anybody done the rhino lining on their trucks. Is it worth it?
Old 07-12-2003, 05:21 PM   #2
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I have Rhino in my Dodge Dakota.I got it done for three reasons.

(1)I wanted to protect the bed

(2) I didn't want water to collect under a bolt in bedliner causing rust.

(3)My boss had a 3/4 ton 4X4 extended cab with a gooseneck hitch in it.His son was slightly impaired from having consumed too many adult beverages(Silver Bullets to be exact) and forgot to latch the hitch on the 28 ft. stock trailer.As he went thru a gully in the pasture the trailer came loose and rattled around in the bed until it ripped the tailgate off.The tailgate was a total loss but the bed only had minor scratches in it.When I took it to have the new tailgate Rhino'ed the tech also repaired the floor stating that lifetime guarantee was just that. I doubt I will ever have this problem but it sold me on the benefits of spray-in bedliners.

I would not use it in a classic if it had a wood floor or if I was bulding a show truck,however for a daily use truck I think it's great.BTW the street rodders also have it sprayed inside their sheetmetal and under their fenders to deaden sound and prevent rock dings on the undersides of their fenders.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 05:29 PM   #3
Ackattack

I just started the process of fixing my bed today. Have the wheel wells out, bed off the frame, and one of the cross sills. It should all be fixed by next weekend. Then I'm putting in a spray in bed liner in. It's a DIY kit called Rattleguard. Look it up on ebay. $150 for the material to do a longbed. A guy at work has a friend that put it in his truck and said it turned out great. I guess I'll know here in a few weeks when I do mine.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote