The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2003, 07:32 AM   #1
dapolice1
We can roll all Day!!

Help on LS1 Install

Hey Guys, I have a 2002 LS1 camaro motor and 4l60e trans. I have bought Street and Performance's chrome motor mount adapters that allow you to use later model motor mounts (the ls1's use a special stand). These adapters do a couple of things one is to move the mounting point of the mounts to where standard SBC mounts are located, and it allows the use of 73 up engine block type mounts. My problem is doeas any one make a mount to go from the 73 up block mounts to the 72-72 frame stands. Does anyone make a replacement moun that replaces the stands for a later model mount. I know I can bolt in a later model crossmemebr, but want to examine all of my possibilities.

I have a 67 short step side that I am going to have bagged as much as possible. I have thought of going with an after market xmember and this will cure the mount issues, but I like the front kits that are available as well. I am trying to get something like slammed67 's ride , but I am having issues with this engine mount. I am going to have a pro install a fourlink bagged rear with c notch and I am thinking it might be best to have him fab the mounts to get the correct pinion angle without all the shimming.

I want to do the front myself so keeping fab to a minimum is a plus. This is why I want to examine some of the bolt in options. I like turner's, fatman, and chris alston's front kits. Any input from you guys on which direction to go? I am very mechanically inclined, however when it comes to suspension and steering geometry I want a professional to do the work. I have told him I want him to do the rear and set up the engine so that it is correct. I like the Chris Alston's billet mounts and will probably use those if I decide to use a seperate crossmember or use the supplied weld in tabs on the existing cross memeber.

Any suggestions or opinions is greatly appreciated and excepted. I have built many lowered chevy using stock spring kits and some factroy replacement bag kits, but I want this one done somewhat to the extreme which involves a lot more fab work.
dapolice1 is offline   Reply With Quote