The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

green console?

I have a 72 blazer that came dark olive with dark olive cst buckets.console was missing when I got it.has anyone seen an olive green console.I have twenty or so consoles and not a green one in the bunch.I am recovering the buckets with olive covers and was trying to decide on the console .pics of green console anyone.
67/72junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: green console?

i think 70cst has a dark olive console in his truck. where ya been donald, how are ya doing?
Posted via Mobile Device

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
jlmerie

I have a few consoles also. Maybe not quite twenty though. I agree that it is uncommon to see a green console. I did get one a couple of years ago and wanted to do a little experiment. I ordered some of the Color Bond vinyl dye from LMC trucks. There was only one shade of green available so that is what I used. Here are a few pictures. The color does look a little off because I took the pictures in the last of the days sun. I took some pictures of the inside and bottom to give a better idea of the original color. I hope this helps you.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
67/72junkie
Account Suspended

Had 8 kids"teens and twenty somethings" and 3 new grandkids living with me for a few months.Everytime I come in the door to get on my computer someone was on it and in front of the tv watching cable.I cut everything out until I got them all in their on places with their on vehicles.Just got everything cut back on 2 weeks ago and back to work on my house and truck stuff.I'm doing great now that they are all out of my hair.I love them all but I love them more that I have some peace!The bottom of that console looks like med olive.I may have to wait until I paint the truck to get the exact match.I haven't been able to find anything in a spray can that matches.I just did 2 consoles in med blue to match blue buckets.I completely stripped the consoles to the black molded in color.I primed the first with light gray primer and it matches the seats perfect.I ran out of gray primer so I used black on the second one and it came out darker with the same paint.I should have known better.That super is looking super zepp!Nice work.
67/72junkie is offline   Reply With Quote