The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
Davedr

Coil Spring Kits

Ok... I am ready to order my Drop Coil Spring Kit.I already have 2.5 drop spindles and not sure what drop to order my springs.Could I get some input or pics of drop c10's? Also how much am I looking to spend on the set up and, Where the best "place" to order them from? I am hoping to get them ASAP because my truck will be getting painted next week and need the frame done soon...Thanks in Advance and hope to get some input on this...Dave
Davedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:25 AM   #2
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Coil Spring Kits

Early classics is recommended by most on here. Check to make sure all is in stock and how soon they can ship out. CPP is an option but I would recommend you pm CPP jeff directly POL has an ebay store with good deals and they were fast shipping for me with nice products. McGaughys also carries a line of parts for our trucks and are high quality albeit a little higher than the other mfr's.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
68Stepbed

I personally only recommend ECE. You won't regret ordering from them. They also have drop stance photos with different stance combos and a list of components used for that particular drop.

As for wich springs to get with the drop spindles you already have, most here either have a 3./5 or 4/6 drop. Others have a 2.5/4 drop.

The 2.5/4 drop is simply a 2.5" drop spindle with stock front spring up front with a 4" rear drop spring in the rear.

The 3.5/5 drop uses a 2.5" drop spindle and 1" drop sping in front and a 5" rear drop spring.

The 4/6 drop uses a 2.5" drop spindle and 1.5(4" total) or 2"(4.5" total) drop spring in front and a 6" rear drop spring.

The 5 and 6" rear drops require shock relocators and a relocated track or panhard bar. ECE sells these kits.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Go to www.earlyclassic.com and look at their website pictures that show different degrees of drop. My SWB is dropped 2.5/4.0. If I had it to do over again, I'd go another inch lower. My front springs are stock-height while the rears are shorter, for the 4-inch drop. All of my stuff is from ECE. They also have pix from customers' vehicles that you can use for comparison.

If you drop the rear 4 inches, you should get the adjustable track bar. If you go more than that, their Super Track Bar is their recommendation. Also, the 5+ drop may find you wishing you had used their modified crossmember that repositions the center mounted bearing for the 2-pc driveshaft. If you have a 1-pc driveshaft, the lower it is, may make the driveshaft bang on the stock crossmember.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote