The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
956LOUIE

Air mangment advise

Im not familiar with the whole airmanagment systems but i do not want individual valves im looking for a valve body with only front to back no side to side simple and cost effective any tips?
956LOUIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
GhostTown

Re: Air mangment advise

You might take a look at the suspension forum. There is a ton of great info there to sift through. Take some time and read through all threads with topics that interest you. It's worth it, because you'll see many different opinions, experiences, and sometimes even prices directly from the vendors.

These forums are so deep that it's easy to get lost. It has taken me a while to get used to it and I've been on internet forums for years.

Last edited by GhostTown; 03-23-2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typos!
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #3
MrDude_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 956LOUIE View Post
Im not familiar with the whole airmanagment systems but i do not want individual valves im looking for a valve body with only front to back no side to side simple and cost effective any tips?
My first tip would be to read up a bit on air suspension systems.. linked front and linked rear bags make the truck (or car) lean very excessively when turning. they're not a real good setup... you want all 4 corners separate, even if you are going to just drive it, and not hit switches for fun.

that said, i feel your pain on a simple cost effective multivalve manifold.
the best one i found is the Accuair VU4. (or for just front/rear, the VU2)... but its not the most cost effective. it is however highly reliable, and very clean to install.
you can see some pics by clicking here

my best advice would be to stay away from AIM and their "Air Engine" the thing sucks bad, is not reliable, and will break.. dropping your ride to the ground. their customer service sucks (and that is known world wide, not just me personally)... all that is too bad, since its a nice LOOKING manifold.

as much as I am NOT a mini-trucker guy, i found that the S10 forums have the most information on bagging vehicles... mostly because its such a popular thing for them to do. if you want to read up, dont be afraid to look there.

last, if you want a real air management system, and not just switches, you NEED ride height sensors... systems that work off bag pressure have to be messed with constantly. personally I like Accuairs system the best. It has everything i was looking for... unfortunately, it is a very high quality, complete system...and the price does reflect that.
you can read about it here they also have a cheaper version that is almost as nice here

good luck and READ UP.. theres a bit of a learning curve, but once you get it down, everything becomes MUCH easier.

edit: FYI thats just the manufacturers website... when you go to order it, get it from a vendor on here.. they're much cheaper that way. That site will have all the info on what it takes to install it.

Last edited by MrDude_1; 03-23-2011 at 02:15 PM.
MrDude_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
Layedoutsonoma91

accu air is the best for a valv bloc system. I would suggest
http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=1409
Layedoutsonoma91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #5
Layedoutsonoma91

Thats the only manifold valve system i would suggest. Other than that you could try something like this

Layedoutsonoma91 is offline   Reply With Quote